Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shake, Rattle and Roll! (Surprise inside)

Finally got my two favorite snakes* inky! You can't tell by looking, but if you gave this card a little shake, you would hear a very lifelike rattle! It's a shaker card!
The beads in this hidden shaker are behind my image. Instead of seeing the beads rolling around like a snowglobe in a traditional shaker which always looks oh-so-pretty, I just needed a sound effect for my shakin' snake tail LOL! Assembled like a regular shaker without the acetate, just make a small square outline of dimensionals or foam tape on the back of your focal point, pour in your beads, and then adhere to a another piece of CS. Since you can't see the beads in this one, they need not be your pretty (pricey) micro or colored beads, just whatever makes a noise, dry rice would work well to if the grains are small!

I incorporated two of this weeks SCS challenges (sketch and color) for this card. I'd been meaning to use two of my folders to represent the different snakeskins and I thought this layout would be a fun way to do some color blocking, just run your CS through your CB with the Mesh and Tiny Bubbles folders and then punch with your 1" or 1 1/4" sqaure punch and mount them on dimensionals. I stamped the snakes twice and then cut out a pair and popped them up on dimensionals on top of the first, so you'd see the litle shakey lines around the tail. The image is colored with ink pads and my Aquapainter. (I mixed my Old Olive and Garden Green ink together to match my Wild Wasabi CS since I don't have the matching ink.) Their bodies are covered with my Clear Spica. The little self-adhesive rhinstones included a color that were a terrific match for the Taken with Teal CS, I was so excited to see that! I used Classic and Scalloped Square Nestabiliites to create the mat.
I may print out a little "Shake it, Baby!" or other greeting to add to the front later to give the recipient a "heads up" directive, but that wasn't on the sketch. ;)
Some other fun images I think of using/needing a little shake sound effect added would be with a rain or sprinkler image, maybe with a grill for some "sizzling" burgers etc!
Have a great day, "Go shake it!!" (anybody watching "Shear Genius"?)
* So what do YOU think of these little snakes in a hug-lock? (I drew their necks into a little heart, to make them less creepy if you're not into snakes!) I also added a little "sss" sssstamp sssso you can give any of the front or back of your greetingssss a little hisssss!(kisssss?) You'll also notice when you are putting your stamps on your acrylic block you can change the new greeting "hugs and kisses" to "hugs and hisses" ("for the Mr. and Mrs!" hee! I made a rhyme!) Enjoy using this new little reptile stamp with your green (or other colored) Gina K Zoo brads! too! (oh yeah, I totally planned that, just for you) ;)

12 comments:

  1. I think this is fabulous - I love the embossing and the shaker for this is pure genius! I can't wait for my set to get here so I can play! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. so creative, you are! loving the textures on this, i wish i could hear it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the layout and colors. The embossing folders make it even better.
    I wonder if swiping with same color brilliance inks on the embossed parts will make it look like real scales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so creative. I love the colors and backgrounds too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Mel......thisssss isssss preciousssss!!!! LOL Truly!!! I totally LOVE that hidden shaker idea for sounds!!! And you picked a perfect sketch too!!! I suppose this is where I **do** have to admit that I am indeed watching the new season of Shear Genius?!! LOL Oh I will definitely be "shakin' it" soon......but y'all may just want to shield your eyes!!!!! ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever of you. I never would have thought of just hearing the 'sound' of a snake. Great idea. I love all the texture on the card too...very 'snakelike'. Speaking of snakes, my garden is full of them this year. I saw 7 snakes in one hour yesterday. Yikes! All harmless grass snakes of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool---that is perfect--a shaker behind the image so you hear the sound---you are so dang smart!!!! (again---mourning that i dont have your new stamps yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this so much Melanie!!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, I bet the hidden shaker is awesome! going to have to get a cb folder to mimic snake skin to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so cute!! I love the colors, and this is so perfect for a shaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my next image to play with. I am so not a snake person but the way you drew these are adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is too cute! I just got the cuddles and hugs stamp set and the first stamp I used was the snakes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)