Monday, March 3, 2008

How to Stuff a Patched Rabbit

I love stuffed animals. Always have, always will. (I don't have a big mound on my bed or anything anymore, but my kids do still have a few of them from my childhood, in addtion to their own huge collections!) I get a real warm fuzzy feeling from the ones made with different printed fabrics, so I decided to piece a bunny using some of SU!s Designer Series DP.


To make one like this, stamp a bunny on two pieces of paper with different patterns (or different colors) Cut out one bunny, whole(the blue here). On the second bunny(red), take a pen and section off his body in the pieces you are going to cut out (here I drew a line down the middle, and at the arms and hips so it would like the different limbs were all sewn to the body.) Then cut just the pieces you want from that contrasting piece, and glued them onto the first bunny (the Quickie Glue Pen is great for these small pieces) Last I add a few tiny lines to look like stitches going across my new "seams". I used the white gel pen (l also used it for the faux stitching on the border) for his eyes and nose I adhered him to the card, leaving his ears "free". To finish the card, I cut out and adhered a few Stickled covered butterflies, and perched him atop this little SU! hardware frame. I used some red brads to match the polka pattern on my bunny, sticking them through the Gina K Dazzle & Bling Flower Outlines (also covered with Stickles) before putting them through the holes in the silver frame.


I forgot to take my own advice about the bunny whiskers by stamping it on my paper before putting on the pieced one, but I 'll go back and add these later(I'd already taken the pic)


SO: now that's it March, it's almost time for another Gina K release!! This means I'll be crazy busy this week making a bunch of thigns with all the new sets I won't be able to show you right away (neener neener neener, I've seen all the sta-AMPS, and they are beaut-i-FUL!) You're gonna love em!
Keep checking in for maybe a few little hints about my new stamps, and a sneak peek this weekend! Gina K starts her countdown this Friday, 3/7, release is on 3/10, can't wait, can't wait! We'll be having our usual bash over in the Gina K forum 7-9 PM CST Monday the 10th as we all work ourselves into a frenzy waiting for the sets to be revealed (and available to buy) at 9! Please come out to party, there will be contests, prizes, and merriment oh my! Leave your RSVP here! ;)

Contest entries to win a new release set of mine are all due this Saturday 3/8 midnight CST! If you've posted any samples with this set, please send them to me, it's okay if others have seen them!

PS I made a change to my feedblitz account, I noticed an option to have new posts sent to you immediately instead of nightly(cool, I didn't realize I could do that!) So you maybe hearing from me more often now! ;)

8 comments:

  1. You are just too too clever!! Just when I think you've done everything with the hippy/hoppy sets, you go and surprise us all over again! LOL You really are incredibly creative. I wish I had an imagination like this! LOVE that bunny - Love the card :)TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I used to love stuffed animals too but since I didn't have kids to pass them on to, they went in the garbage *gasp* & goodwill (except my monkey, I'll never part with him) I'll be there at the release party for sure - that's my night off stamping-woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your virtual cat. the paper piecing is unique on the bunny. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Quite clever!!!! I can't wait to see what stamps are coming on the 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet!!! Love the paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-DOR-able!!! Yep.....I LOVE stuffed animals and still have lots! I just bought one today.....for ME!! LOL Cute card....reminds me of a patchwork bunny my little sister had years ago!! Oh and you KNOW I'll be at the Gina K. PARRRRRTAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

    With my Credit Card!!!! AND with my list, which I'm sure will include everything!!! LOL I wanna see some SNEEEEEK PEEEEEKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool girl! i love the look you gave that cutie. What a sweet bunny...totally love it!

    I will see you at the release party--cannot wait to play with your new sets (wink!)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)