Sunday, November 2, 2008

Reindeer Games: Fun with Punches

I couldn't help noticing the large flourish looks like a loopy antler (to me anyway!) so I came up with a simple reindeer you can make with punches you are likely to have.

Punch two flourishes for your antlers, and a designer label for the face trimming off one end with a curve. Snip two petals off a flower punch for ears, add some self adhesive rhinestones for eyes and nose (which is colored with a red Copic) and you're done! You could of course draw your own details but I like this simple bling! ;)


I framed him up in an embossed Nestie rectangle and added "Happy Holidays" from the "Magic of Christmas" there were a number of greetings I could have out here but the scale of this one worked the best for my layout. I stamped it in Basic Brown to balance out my dark brown antlers. Everything is adhered with Dot'n'Roller. This is such a fun look, easy to mass produce, and would be a great way to get your kids involved in the production line! I'll be back with how you can add this face to a homemade box to make a gift or treat holder...


(Now that I'm looking at it again, it's kinda also looking like I mounted Rudolph's poor head on the wall! What do you think, too "trophy-looking"...? If you feel you must add a body, have fun seeing what you have to create a little tummy and legs, hee hee! The part that everyone is going to notice anyway is that fabulous rack!!!)

17 comments:

  1. Not trophy looking at all...love the clean and elegant look to your card and the rhinestones are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reindeer is adorable. I love doing punch art. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, BIG laugh here about your "Taxidermy Rudolph" observation. Especially because it is so very cute! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaw, so cute! And how creative of you! What a great idea! And they do look like reindeer antlers! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO cute!!!- and VERY creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TFS! I love seeing new uses for punches. I agree your reindeer does look trophy like maybe if you used pop ups behind him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie this is so stinkin' cute! I have these punches and will be busy with them now. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love what you did with all of your punches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just awesome Melanie, you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! You must know too many dear hunters with trophies that haunt you, this does not look like that at all! Not sure how you came up with the antler from the scroll punch, but it surely looks perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute, Melanie!! I love your embossing and the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any of those punches, but if I did, I would be making some reindeer. Very cute. It doesn't look taxidermied.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE him! You are WAY too brilliant. He looks just perfect and not stuffed at all. Though I'd bet dollars to donuts that you could turn ANY punch into his body! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heehee, such a cool idea Melanie1 Very cute!♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I say toooooo cute for words! and it still has that elegant flair!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)