Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Gift

Because my dad's just a super thoughtful guy (and because he's had to babysit my kids!) he knows how hard moms work and he usually does something for me on Mother's Day, in the boys' names. This year he sent a flower arrangement (fabulously timed to arrive this past Friday when I was feeling extra-sick!*), complete with a little matching vase and picture frame(from 1-800flowers), isn't that beautiful? The pink, peach and chocolate is perfect in my bedroom. I printed out this photo Paul took of William and I at Jonathan's kindergarten recital last week, he clapped like crazy before conking out on my shoulder! Usually the kids like to peek at every picture after we take them since we use digital, but obviously being asleep William had not yet seen the photo until it went into the frame. When I passed it to him, he started smooching it like crazy! He either thinks he's adorable or just really loves his mama!
I spoke too soon, I seem to have had a relapse, did too much I guess today. Mushy mom's day post and kid pics ill have to wait, off to get more sleep!
*of course then I had to muster up some energy to clean my wreck of a house so I would have nice clean place to put my beautiful flowers!

9 comments:

  1. awww, your dad is so sweet to do this! love that pic - how funny about him smooching on the picture! you better get better, really REST this time, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother's day gift from your Dad is just so sweet and your digital photoes of the flowers you took are totally and absolutely beautiful and professional.
    Get lots of rest and Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I've never heard of a Dad doing something like that!! That's amazing!!! And that picture sure is a precious memory!! Now get more rest and drink lots of healthy liquids and get better sooooooon!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie I was really hoping I would come here and see that you were feeling better, and you're not, boohoo. I hope you feel better soon and I hope you have had a Happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my is that not the MOST fabulous thing? My boys are 16 and 13 and I still love them leaning over and placing the head on my shoulders. A little of the magic is lost though since they are both a LOT taller than I am.. but I keep telling them they'll always be my babies. Hope your Mother's Day was special and that you feel better.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! How cute!

    Now, lots of rest and fluids... dr's orders!

    Get better soon... all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are blessed to have such a thoughtful father! We should all be so fortunate! The flowers are lovely and so is the frame, but the picture is priceless and a perfect mother's day memory. Get well soon, ya hear?

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww - that's precious. what a wonderful Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is super sweet of your Dad!! I love that picture too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)