Friday, May 2, 2008

I Come Bearing Gifts...

Here are a couple tins I made for friends I will be "meeting" for the first time at the swap this weekend! I thought how fun it would be to present them each with a little personalized overnight tin for the hotel, kind of like getting fancy chocolates on your pillow. :) (but it's not chocolate...) These came together quickly, just stamped the DP (DCVW All Dressed Up glitter pack) with a label border from What's In Your Tin? 1 and punched and framed up my monograms. Isn't the new hodgepodge gorgeous topping these tins???
Instead of candy, I included a few fun things that would be nice as gifts but also things you forget or need when you're travelling. How many trips have I taken where I realize I forgot my jewelry?? SO I made some earrings (which hopefully will also be a nice reminder of our crafty weekend together) I also included a mini lip gloss for touch ups and a single application of a lavender clay face mask before bedtime, I just love using all my beauty products that I never seem to find time to use when I'm on travelling, and I hope this one makes them feel pampered and ready for a good night's sleep(before the big day!). Not shown, I packed some gum, too, gum is always good. I did decorate and sign the back but didn't do the insides, toooooo busy getting ready!!

T minus 6 hours til we leave!!!! (I have a couple posts set up for you while I'm gone using blogger draft, so we'll cross our fingers that it works!! I won't be checking email again til Sunday just FYI... well, maybe someone will have a laptop there... :)

Feel free to send emails though and I'll get caught up when I return, I want to start seeing your Hip Hop creations , for the CONTEST, but also to add you to my hip hop crew on my sidebar! SO pics and links please!

PS Anybody know who these might be for? I covered up the name inside, hee!!

14 comments:

  1. Wow those girls are so lucky to be receiving one of your tins. Those are adorable!!! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the most giving person I have ever known!!! That is so sweet of you!! Have fun on your weekend!!! Those gift tins are
    totally awesome,they are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Those girls are so lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your trip! I've been playing with your stamp sets, here's a link to my SCS gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=148552

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are very thoughtful gifts and your friends will be more than happy to receive them! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of your friends I'm guessing is Cammie. Am I right? The J . . . hmmmm . . . not sure about that one. But whoever they are, they are pretty lucky to be receiving one of your adorable gift tins! Thanks for sharing! Karolyn L. (garkarlon)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very thoughtful of you! Have a great time!
    Sara in WI

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, I know, you're probably long gone and having a great time...I hope so. I've been waiting for your next contest; I now have all your stamp sets. Are there any details regarding the contest?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo.........AWESOME gift!!! They're gonna love, love, LOVE those!!!! And have a FANtastic time!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous, some lucky ladies who receive these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful Melanie! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I think I figured out who the "J" tin is for . . . my guess it's Jen delMuro. I already guessed that the "C" tin was for Cammie/Carolyn King. So, am I right? LOL I love your swap card - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Melanie for the AWESOME gift!!! I had so much fun and you were so super sweet to make this for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)