Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sneak Peek #2: Are you Ready to Flip?!

I really struggled with what to show you first from my new set "Jumping for Joy", especially since I didn't know which animals the rest of the design team would be using(but I had a feeling they have different favorites than my son Jonathan (his is the seal, and William and Paul each have their own personal picks, too*) and this one has the most versatile pose, so he will start our show!
TA-DA!!! (what a ham)
I've always loved seals, they are about as playful and animated as an animal can get! (And of course I had to throw in all sorts of silly (sealy?!) props*, you'll see them all on Tuesday night!)

The image is colored with Light Walnut and Dark Brown (E47 and E57)Copics, it really looks like rich, silky seal fur! The shadows were done with a sponge, Palette Noir ink, and masked with post it notes, this sponged spotlight makes such a strong impact with the diagonals and contrast, and it was very easy to do! This card uses DCVW Adhesive Mat pack DP, Stampendous star stickers, and star punches (used my slot punch in the large punched star to thread my ribbon through before tying). Real Red CS and 5/8" grosgrain, Brilliant Blue CS, and PT Stampers Select White. (I know Brilliant Blue is probably not your favorite color but I wanted to use this DP to go with my "super star" greeting, and the red makes it bearable, right??) The little circus pedestal is a separate image, you can pose any of your new super stars on top of it (but I have other ideas for it I'll be sharing with you later, oh yeah, expect a long, LONG tip sheet this month! :)

Now you might be wondering, "how exactly is this seal jumping?" Well, he's not on my card above... but he is here!
...and here! (waves and "whoosh" are of course included in the set for your creative pleasure!)
I didn't have time to make a complete card for each pose, but you get the idea, my seal has many talents :) ( I cut this out after coloring and rotate for the pics, so his shadows in some of these shots aren't correct, just in case you were wonderin'...) So even though the animals in Jumping for Joy are all poised to jump, they have the ability dance, HOP(hee!) or just stand/sit still, wait til you see!!!

TIP: This a square 4 1/4 inch card. Like tent toppers, this size allows you to have punches/images/mats extending off either side, doesn't that make it so much more interesting(and give you a lot more options with your layouts!) To make sure it will still fit in your A2 size envelopes, lay your card on top of the envelope when you are adhering anything to the top or sides to make sure you are within your boundaries.

Be sure to check out Gina K's (where she'll be giving away one of these!), Emily's, and Joanne's blogs today who have treated me and you with a sample using "Jumping for Joy", and tell me: Which is your new favorite animal (assuming we've used them all?)? Any guesses what else you'll find in the set?? :) EDITEDTO ADD: Now that the peeks are up, I see I was right, almost everybody used the zebra LOL!! And could Gina K's and my seal cards have been more similar?? We did not sit down and stamp these together, I promise! Too funny, now I feel like I owe you another peek! :) Barb snuck a little bit of my set into her "Woo-Hoo" peek, can you find it?? Something that is going to really add some new possibilities for all my sets!! :)

That's all for now, bye bye!! Check back later to vote on the Hip Hop entries and more sneak peeks!

*all of which, you guessed it, can be used with my other 3 animals sets!! woo hoo!

26 comments:

  1. Great card! The seal is one of my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!! I just had to use the zebra for my sneak though - I love that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy the seal is stupendous! What a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so loving these animals! I love the zebra kickin up her heels, but the seal is adorable too! I can't decide on a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the seal; but my heart belongs to the zebra (so far). Can't wait to see the entire set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mel the seal iz gr8 cant wat to c wat more animals u have for us

    merri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both the seal and the zebra. They are both too cute to decide between them.
    Really love that they are both in motion. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!!! Another amazing line of stamps - well from what I have seen so far and can't wait to see the rest of the set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Melanie!! My favorite is -- well, I can't tell you what my fave is because it hasn't been released yet!! hee hee! I have a card made for the release night using your darling set! Can't wait to share! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Seal is so cute! I love the sweet faces you have created on all of your animals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! He is talented... so are you.. coming up with these designs! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH how stinkin' ADORABLE! Can't wait to see the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This seal is too cute and it's simply going to be another must-have for me:) I love this card with the flashy red/white/blue theme - it's always been one of my favorites. I can't wait to see the rest of this set, so I'm emptying my piggy bank now:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you keep making those fun and cute animals I'll end up with a zoo in here! :-)
    Now I am really curious about which other animals are in the set... Like Winnie the Pooh would say "think, think, think..." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited for you Melanie, this set is so super cute!! Can't wait for the release so I can place a HUGE order(I still need the Hip Hop accessories set, ackk!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a talented seal you created. Loving the sets already. Can't wait to see what else is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite is the cute seal. Everyone, specially me, needs a cute seal. Love the way you showed how he can be used in various positions too!
    All the sneak peaks have been wonderful, I can't wait for the big reveal!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. hehe, these poses are all so great! I love this talented seal doing flips and flops over the water! I just love your card too! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I noticed the invitation words on Barb's project and wondered if they were from your set, now I know they are from your hint! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this and the zebra is adorable too, can't wait to see the rest!! More, more!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the animated seal! You're SO clever my friend. I adore that Zebra for sure, but looking forward to playing with the whole new zoo crew! ;-)

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are just adorable, as usual! Im loving the seal especially! Love how their faces are so expressive! and those eyelashes!! Cant wait, cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute. Love the seal and the ze bra. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Soooo cute! I can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new animals!! Well, DUH.........of course I knew I would!!! What a great seal!! I have collected seals since I was little!!! Oh the fun and splashing times we're gonna have!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)