Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bouncing Ball DP

Today I have a card I made after my "Sporty Accessories" set arrived. Sports themed papers in just the sports you want can be tough to find, but you can easily create your own background papers with the different elements in this set. I lined up the three large balls on an acrylic gridline block and stamped them on a diagonal on this Soft Sand CS. Then I shifted the block each time I started a new row so the balls would nest together and the same ones wouldn't be right next to each other, until my mat was complete.
Next I rubbed my ink pad directly onto the cardstock to dirty it up and give the card the appearanc of texture.

Last I matted it onto the Black Onyx and Soft Sand base and added a popped up stamped jersey with the word "Fan" from "Just So Sporty"set. Isn't adding the ball to the shirt fun for a soccer fan?


A very simple "kid" or "guy" card! :) Happy Tuesday, thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. What a clever idea and perfect for a sports enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Mel.. My sports fanatics (I mean fans) would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Mel! I love the idea of creating your own dp, and you always have such great idea for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! Love the dp you created with the balls. Great idea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love simple! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute well maybe not cute for a male card LOL love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Mel! Great job on the custom DP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)