Friday, July 17, 2009

Cropping Large Stamps (and splicing small dies!)

Hello! Today I am sharing card made with a square layout from "So Sketchy" using some beautiful tag elements from our sponsor last month, Ormulo.

Even trimmed down the big tag was quite large so to work it into the sketch, I made card 5 x5. I thought "Arranged with Love" would be really pretty with all the flourishes on the two tags, so here's how I reshaped it to fit, as well as making a scalloped mat that was large enough for it.

I die cut two of my long scalloped rectangles (Chocolate Kiss) and adhered them sideways on the Pure Luxury White cardbase. I stamped the image as I normally would (Vivid Coffee Bean on More Mustard CS) and cut it through the middle, (not measuring, it won't matter because they are going to overlap, doesn't have to be exactly in half)


Then I lined the images up to fit the mat, the seam will be covered by my other elements. Isn't that nice how you have border that still matches up all the way around? Refer to finished sample at top!


I hope this was helpful to you! Have a great day! :)

8 comments:

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)