Monday, July 20, 2009

Got S'mores?

Here's a scene I made with Theresa's "Happy Camper" set, as soon as I first saw it, I knew I had to get the s'mores in this pesky fella's hand! I started stamping the picnic table and then masking it to make the mountains behind it. I created the grassy area doing zigzags and quick, upward stokes with a Copic and the shadows on the grass with a darker green. Base is a Pure Luxury Soft Sand. Hazy evening background was done with a sponge and some pink and plum inks. There's no moon or sun in the background this time: if you look at the way the shadows are falling, drawn underneath, the light source would be out in front of the card. Following the line of the stick he's toasting really gives it a lot of dimension, even though the card is flat.

Have a great day, happy Monday!! (Did you know our next Gina K Designs release is only 10 days away?! I just finished trimming all my NEW stamps, happy HAPPY!!) :)

9 comments:

  1. Great card Mel.. you are making the most amazing scenes! Great job coloring too..

    Mishy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 days!!!! I really like hearing about the light source, these little insights are fabulous.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scene you created! Looking forward to the next release....any hints for your fans :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered why I was craving a smore this morning! LOL! Fabulous coloring on your scene card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such an awesome scene Mel! The shadows are so awesome on this! As the coloring too!

    Sure hope my mail-lady brings me happy mail today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card Melanie!! I really dig the shadow. :o)

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shadow work! I gotta learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't been around in a while but thsi was too cute to not comment on!! I love your scenes and this is great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)