Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Camper!

Here is a landscape silhouette I created with Theresa's "Happy Camper" set. Stamp the mountain scene and then black out the entire thing with a marker (or stamp onto black CS and cut out. Mask a large circle to create the moon and sponge teal and eggplant inks over it. I removed the mask to sponge a little "mist" over the moon and added a few tiny stars with the Inkssentials Opaque White Pen.
I left the tent mostly white so it would look illuminated from within on a dark night and then used a gray marker to make a shadow of the raccoon's back half on the tent side. A Versamarker makes the perfect shadow under the tent and coon on the SU! Taken with Teal card base. mat is Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The pierced rows made with the Scor-Bug and Scor-Pal are a nice accent to go with the fine stitching on the tent.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and returned safely! Big things coming from Gina K Designs this week!! Stay tuned!

14 comments:

  1. Your sky looks gorgeous, and I love your card...Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the way you did the sky and especially the coon coming out of the tent! You are sooooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Melanie. The new set reminds me of several of the much older SU sets I have and have combined over the years. I like this set being a more realistic one and not a cartoon type like so many camping sets are right now. The trick with the raccoon is brilliant! As is the misting over the moon.

    Thanks for sharing the details. Gives me ideas for other projects!

    Hugs and blessings - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I am so loving that sky! Love that rascally raccoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I adore the illuminated tent. Only you could think of something so darned capital B Brilliant! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! What an eye-catcher! Just how many right sides of the brain do you have??? SOOO CREATIVE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just beautiful love the sky
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie,

    your stuff is getting more and more amazing by the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the black mountain and your cool night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Melanie that background is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful night sky! The colors, moon and little stars are perfect. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card - very dramatic. Thanks for sharing your creation and how you went about it.
    Kristina G

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)