Friday, July 10, 2009

Potluck Friday on STV: Stamping on DP

For this week's StampTV Potluck Friday Challenge, I am asking you to choose a piece of patterned paper and stamp on it with line art images (not bold), then color the images in. This will work best with a light colored patterned paper so your new colors will show up when you color over it, and selecting shades for coloring that will be also be light enough for the pattern to show through, make sense? Here I stamped "Arranged with Love" on a floral pattern from the Basic Grey Porcelain pack and coolored over the flwoers and leaves with pale pink and green Copics, I like how this creates a "floral on a floral" and gives a pattern to the background behind the flowers instead of just a solid color (without having to cut and piece, yeah!!) I also love how this makes the paper look like a completely new pattern.



If you would like to play along, please upload your creation to STV by Friday, July 17th, 8 AM CST with the keyword STVPF21, I will randomly draw a winner and post it next Friday, that person can choose a 23.95 Gina K designs stamp set! Hope you'll enter, you'll have all week!

Tomorrow I'll be shairng a few of my favorite cards with my two sets included in the Lucky 7 promotion, along with links back to my stip sheets and all the samples i've made with them!

2 comments:

  1. Cool affect. I did mine... will try to photograph and post tomorrow. Very fun finding just the right paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I really love this challenge idea, I'm going to do my best to play along this week! Love your sample, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)