Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sneak Peek: Stamp TV Kit Signs of Autumn

Today we have Gina's latest StampTV kit: "Signs of Autumn". (I just love Fall and everything that goes with it, don't you?) Be sure to watch the video on STV today to see Gina sharing all the wonderful contents in this month's kit! ALL the cardstock in these sample is included, as well as Pure Luxury Pumpkin Spice, a color which will not be available for purchase until next month! ( and I know you're going to want it NOW.) :)
This first sample shows several of the images in the kit stamped in Vivid Coffee Bean and colored with Copics. I curled all the leaves with my fingers by bending them down the stem and them pulling the edges outwards, this gives them lots of dimension. I stamped the "Inspiration Mosaic" onto the Pumpkin Spice Cardstock in Versamark so I could just make out the lines, and then stamped my dashed line from the set over it, by aligning it first with the line on my acrylic block, and then lining that up over each of my stamped Versamark lines to get this "stitching"! It went easily and quickly, and look how straight they are! (I'll be sharing a tutorial with step by step pictures of this later) I love the homespun feel that gives, quilting without cutting! Some bold leaves from the set are randomly stamped onto the Pumpkin Spice to give it a little bit of a pattern like a printed fabric. The edges of the mats were distressed and the sentiment is stamped onto Green Apple and popped up.
On this second card, pumpkins and sunflowers are colored with Copics and popped up on the Chocolate Kiss background. It may be hard to see in the photo, but I stamped the Chocolate Kiss with "Inspiration Mosaic" with Versamark here too, this gives it just a subtle pattern that keeps it from looking "flat" as well as helping me in the placement of my elements(follows the Rule of Thirds), and ground my images so they don't look like they are "floating" on the open space. (The greeting from the set is placed over one of the frames, the pumpkins over an intersection, and the flowers over the other top box.) I did a little faux piercing with a brown marker on the sentiment card and added a copper brad and some ribbon, both from the kit, this striped one is my fave, so many beautiful colors to go with it!


For more projects made with the stamps previewed today, be sure to check out our other Senior Design Team Member's Blogs:
Theresa Momber

Our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team member, Dawn Lusk is joining in our previews today showing a card today too. Remember to check out StampTV for the new video today - Gina will be showing a project made with the new Signs of Autumn StampTV kit!


Tomorrow we'll have our last peek and then the big party on SCS Thursday night! woo hoo!

24 comments:

  1. you crack me up - now you'll never be able to make a card without that big stamp! It works with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, way cool with the dashed lines! Love 'em both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another two great cards and I love how you are showing the versatality of your new set. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see the full releases.
    Kristina G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I love the way you put the different stamps all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY nice cards, Mel. I love how you used your stamp with the dashed lines!! That is gonna work with soooo many sets!! Your coloring is awesome on the leaves AND the pumpkins! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Melanie your cards are amazing!! I love the way you can make more than one stamp set work together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Total cooooolness Mel!!! I love the stitched lines along your awesome bg stamp!!!! You is DA BOMB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are gorgeous and the apples are making my mouth water! Anonymous is the only category that applies to me but I am Pat J., aka venicepat. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right! I want those new colors now! I love the pumpkins and sunflowers together. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're leading the way with your stamp set - both these cards are great but I LOVE the first one the stitching is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Melanie, I totally thought that red leaf was a silk one. Fantabulous job girl, they are both stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stitched look on the first one, and great cut work on the second. Love that striped ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh love how you did the dashed lines Mel, brilliant! And so love your coloring on those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Mel.. you bad girl.. teasing us with that yummy carstock! I LOVE that kit.. it's so great..

    Mishy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards - and I am loving your new stamp!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful coloring of the Granny Smith's - and love your use of the Mosaic image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. get outta town! I LOVE these!!! I'll be honest with you...when I first saw the Mosaic I was wondering what on earth one would ever do with it!! LOL!! NOW I can't wait to get my very own!! All the samples have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I especially like the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOU are amazing, Melanie!! I LOVE what you've been doing with your set and everyone else's this month!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my!! I have too many things on my wish list for Gina K!! The dashed lines - fantastic idea Melanie! How cool is that?!!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, I love both of these cards. You are on quite a roll, or should I say a square! Fan-Amazing-Tastic!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)