Monday, July 27, 2009

Sneak Peek: Timeless Treasures and Are We There Yet?

Today's first sneak peek uses Theresa Momber 's "Timeless Treasures". You will love this collection of vintage images, perfect for collages, ATCs, nostalgic scrapbook pages, or "pretty cards"! I had an idea to spotlight the beauty of each her pieces in the "Inspiration Mosaic" I peeked Sunday, this way it reminds me of curio cabinet or printer's drawer. This card is just two layers! I began with a base of Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss and a Soft Sand mat. After stamping the frame in Vivid Coffee Bean I masked around the border and stamped a quote from this set all over the frame in Antique Linen Distressing ink (click for close up you will see some words peeking through!) and then swiped the pad all over to create a worn patina. When you remove your mask, you still have this beautiful clean border that really makes your stamping pop.

Next I stamped the images into each section and colored them with a few browns and a gold just a bit darker than the CS, and added shadows with a warm gray. I pieced the clock face with some Pure Luxury Ivory, and added a few highlights for shine on the chain and key and to the hour glass and bifocal lenses, doesn't that make it look like real glass?! Much more than if you'd stamped on white paper, on this Soft Sand neutral the reflection really pops and makes it look transparent, so don't be afraid to go a little darker with your cardstocks when you are stamping your images to color. "Memories" from the set is stamped on the bottom. I love how the boxes also compartmentalize each piece like a separate memory. ("Memories...in the corners of my miiiind..! LOL! ) At first glance these sets don't seem like they'd go together, but I am just beyond thrilled with how this card turned out!

TIP: I did NOT mask the watch, just stamped it over the grid. To get rid of where the lines went through my image, I went over them with the Inkssentials white pen and colored as normal with my Copics, a perfect fix! This works on a light colored CS, try it!

The next peek uses Rupa Shevde's "Are We There Yet?" Full of travelling images, I chose to paper piece this "good times van" with some Basic Grey Sultry DP and popped it up. The little leafy branches from "Tropical Flowers" were a perfect match for the DP so I added a few of those to the top to complete the scene for an off-roading adventure to go with the trail-blazing quote! How's that for a girlfriend's getaway or "just be you!" card? The sateen flowers were colored with Copics to match.


Cardstock is Pure Luxury White , Chocolate Kiss and, how do you like this new juicy Green Apple releasing this month?! It is the perfect green, I could eat it up!!


More peeks tomorrow! Are you loving this release so far??
Asela Hopkins
Cathy Tidwell
Cindy Lawrence
Donna Baker
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Gina Krupsky
Jessica Fick
Joanne Basile
Kurtis Amundson
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Theresa Momber

and, be sure to check out our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team member's blogs for a card made with Timeless Treasures by Shannon Bracken and Brenda Turner has a card to show us that she made with the fun Are We There Yet? stamp set too!

33 comments:

  1. Wowzers Melanie, love your two cards and the way you combined the set with your own Mosaic!!! Gorgeousness!!! I am totally diggin' the van....FAR OUT! :o) Nice creations...so excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing!! Thanks for the tip on the white pen....I've found it works for covering up coloring outside the lines mistakes...ask me how I know...

    The floral van is killer!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Melanie! Both of your cards are just INCREDIBLE!!! Fabulous job, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards Mel! Love all the pieces on your mosaic stamped card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your pretty van and love the timeless mosaic card I had an idea to make but could not, for the life of me execute! great minds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! Such awesome dimension on your first card! Two layers, really?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on both cards.
    Gladys R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes those sets combine sooo well in your first card! Your paper pieced Camper is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute! Love the pieced RV! And I was just thinking about how you could use your set and Theresa's together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did - especially the timeless treasure set. And you included another peek at your set. It is just perfect. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards are awesome. Your mosaic card rocks!.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome implementations of these images, Mel.Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!!! Love both of them but especially the first one - I'm going to have to get that set and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the first card. It's awesome! Your second card caught me off-guard because it's so different than the first one! It's so stinkin' CUTE! And FUN! Thanks for the previews!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mel,
    looks like another amazing release for Gina K! What a great card.. Loving the masculine theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice combo of the 2 sets. Love your Van!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH so awesome Mel! I just love the colors and how you stamped that first one and the van so rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice - I am loving your new stamp!
    the van is too cute!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Burchboo@maconcountyhealth.orgJuly 28, 2009 at 6:48 AM

    Melanie...love the hippie van...brings back memories. And your timepiece on the mosaic was great....love the tones of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. FABULOUS!
    LOVE how you combined it with the mosaic!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I just love your new stamp with Theresa's! The card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eek! I'm blown away by your awesomeness! LOVE your Timeless card. DH loves it, too! That retro van is way too cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely Cards as always Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Melanie!! I LOVE both of your cards!! You are a genious with how you used Theresa's set with yours!! I LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My mouth is open saying WOW -- these are OUTSTANDING cards. I've printed your instructions and put them in my "to do" notebook. Congratulations on truly creating beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your cards. What a great way to use the mosaic and the timeless in one card. So nice. And that van is just too cute !

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are amazing. My jaw dropped when I saw your first card. It's as if you and Theresa conspired to make your sets work so well together. And the detail on your second card, is stunning! I love the flowers and branches. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I sooooooo ADORE the flowered van!!!! LOL And I made a very similar card to the one your first card for my Release Party challenge!!!! I can't believe I had a similar idea to your awesomeness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Melanie these are fabulous - I especially love what you did with your set and Theresa's! Rockin awesome. You did it again!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your timeless treasure card is exquisite Melanie!! Nice vivid colors on the van - very cute!!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)