Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Time to Make the Donuts!

"Take two of these and call me in the morning!" I first saw this sentiment in "100% Sweet" a few weeks ago and I'm STILL laughing! :)

It's fun to put any two of her images from this set together with this greeting whenever a friend needs a quick dose of sweet! In this sample, I used Baic Grey Cupcake DpP to match the sprinkles on one donut, stamped with the phone from Rupa's "Thinking of You" set in Vivid Coffee Bean, which I also sponged aroudn the edges. Scalloped border done with the Threading Water Punch. I also used Gina K Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss, Rocket Red and White, and colored my images with Copics.


Tying my elements together: I chose the oval die to match the donut shape and put the sentiment at an angle to give it a little more "energy" and urgency! Having it near the phone makes it seem like the words are ccoming from it. The little cord is echoed in the scallops. Had to use brown to make sure the "chocolate message" comes across! :)

Hope your day is sweet! (When in doubt, add chocolate!)

8 comments:

  1. what a cute card and fun
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! How many times do we think a donut would help!!! LOL TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Yummy...They look so real!!Is it ok if I have maybe THREE and call you the next day... I may be bloated! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could handle some donuts about now! Great card Melanie! Love the way you used the phone image on the bg paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, Mel. My kids would love this one!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)