Thursday, July 2, 2009

Week 1 with Selma Stevenson

Today I have the first week of projects with my "Arranged with Love" Guest Designer Selma Stevenson! This first card had a design that really spoke to me I love the design of this 5 1/2 inch square card! The Cuttlebugged D'Vine Swirls border on the left looks so beautiful with the wet embossed white contours of the flower arrangement, I love the delicate pink butterfly punched accents. The sponging she did to color in the flowers and background is such a soft and easy alternative coloring, I just love this card! (Did I mention I love it??) ;)
Next she came up with this really clever gatefold design! When you open it up...
The frame divides in half with that little card overlapping, to reveal another sentiment inside!

Inside she used the single rose from "A Year of Flowers" and this sentiment for "Say it With Flowers", I just love how all three of these sets work together! To make this gatefold, score your cards base at 2 1/8" on each end of your 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" CS. Then stamp the frame two times and cut one in half(you'll use the LEFT side of this one), then cut other down the middle and around the left side of sentiment card (you'll be using the RIGHT half of this one). When you mat and adhere these to each side they will line up! Then color as desired.
If you never made or seen a gatefold, it likes opening up a present, I just love how bouquet unfurls, you can also use your bow to hold it closed and untie. Great job, Selma!

Please go see Selma's blog for more "Arranged with Love" inspiration, arranged by Selma!

11 comments:

  1. VERY pretty cards!! I love the soft pastels of the first and the gate fold is a favorite. Selma does MARVELOUS flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft coloring of the first and the beautiful gate fold design of the second! Thanks for sharing Selma's wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards! Selma does such beautiful work....love the gate fold card and the soft colors of her first card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are just gorgeous! Was the first card done on glossy paper?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC ideas from Miss Selma - you chose well with Selma as a designer for your set - she rocks floral designs like (almost) no one else! :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards - both of them. This set is perfect for a gatefold because of the card. Great idea and thank you both (Melanie and Selma) for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are very pretty!! Great idea with the opening in the center.

    Take care ans STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Selma.......Your cards are Stunning......so glad I found you over on STAMP TV. Your creations are always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE Selma's work! And both of these cards show her talent to a T! Both very different but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stamp is just so clever! I love how it works PERFECTly with 'A Year of Flowers.' Selma's designs are gorgeous! Can't wait to check out more on her blog. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)