Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 2 with Selma Stevenson

Are you ready for this??
This week Selma created a fabulous shadowbox with "Arranged with Love" (I love making this type of card, but it's been awhile!) They are always SO great for weddings, showers or birthdays because it displays so beautifully: it stands up but can also be smoothed flat to put in an envelope. Here are Selma's directions for creating the box, dimensions and all!

"First cut two 6 1/4 squares to make the shadow box. Score the ends at 1/2" and 1". I stamped "Arranged with Love" (black embossed) and colored it with Peerless Watercolors, I also stamped some extra flowers from "A Year of Flowers" and colored them the same way. I attached the main piece to the bottom of the shadow box then started added some of the extra flowers on dimensionals. I cut and curled the petals on the purple flowers. I chalked the background with yellow chalk. For the top of the box, I use my large Petite Scalloped Nestabilities to cut the oval then cut another one, one size smaller to layer underneath (separated with dimensionals). Before attaching the red scalloped piece, I embossed the center of the white panel with the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. I then added some more of the cut out flowers on the top to give it more dimension. When you flatten it these flowers line up with the inside. On the rose on the left of the middle tag, I cut out just the bottom portion from a rose to give that some dimension too. I wanted the flowers on the main image to go past the border since it is a shadow box, and I think it looks great that way. I used Scor-Tape to hold the shadow box together. I added a punched border to each side and adhered pearls to the card and along the edges."


Do you love it as much as I do?? I could stare at this all day....

Selma has another project with this set on her blog, check it out!
Something very special coming in 24 hours!!!! :)

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous - Selma did a great job with your stamp! Thanks for sharing Selma's creation and her instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shadow box is drop-dead-gorgeous! Selma does such a wonderful job! I can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too. Selma's card is just outstanding and fabulous! Wow is the word. Absolutely beautiful!!!!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is beautiful. I wonder how long it took her to make this beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! thanks for the instructions.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This shadow box is totally stunning! Wonderful colors and technique! Great ideas for me for an upcoming wedding card! TFS! off to see the other card made with this. I just ordered it yesterday & it has shipped already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Selma did an Amazing job...this card is STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Selma always does such beautiful work, especially with your flower sets, but this is OMG Breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)