Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Wish for You...

On today's card I used the "rock and roll" technique to add colors to the dandelion head in Gina's Free with Three Set this month: "Many Wishes" . This is such a great technique for showing off your bold stamps and I almost always do this with my bold ones to give the images more depth! Ink up the stamp in a pale yellow or tan to match the Soft Sand CS, then roll the edges of the stamp on a light gray ink pad, "huff" on it with your breath if you need to moisten the ink, and stamp. be sure not to get the gray ink in the middle you want that other color to show through. Doesn't that look just like the downy spores on a dandelion?


Next, ink up the stem in green and stamp it so the top tip meets the middle of the dandelion head. Add the little spores floating away. I chose really narrow artichoke mats to echo the thin stem, and embossed the Soft Sand CS with the Cuttlebug Floral Screen folder. I haven't used this pretty folder that much before, but it REALLY looks like hundreds of dandelion spores, even so more so when you rub some Cream White ink over the embossing. The two tone greeting really emphasizes the word "happiness".

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's the present."

Wishing you happiness TODAY. Live in the moment. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I have to say, I really love this image. Very soft and simple. Beautiful card, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how simple yet soft & pretty this card is
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice - I love that stamp set - I agree, that Cuttlebug background is perfect!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Melanie! Love the colors and the CB folder you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, beautiful and elegant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)