Friday, October 23, 2009

Homemade with Love

This was such a fun card to make! I stamped the "Hip to Be Square" frame in black onto this fun Cosmo Cricket DP from Jolly by Golly, (the mittens look like little oven mitts so it was perfect for this baking themed card!) and colored the border red and trimmed, leaving about 1/8" on each side.
Then I cut out and colored my gingerbread men from my "Have a Cookie" set and popped them up on some plates I made by stamping the circle outline, also from the "Hip to Be Square" set, punching them with 1 1/4" circle punch and coloring the edges. Then I stamped the round greetings from the Holiday Cheer Stamp TV kit and colored and punched them out for the other two corners. From a scrap of the same DP after cutting, I trimmed out two of the little "mitts" and popped them up over the heart inside each circle image. Last I added a Cuttlebugged Swiss Dot piece of white CS and tied some stitched ribbon around the Rocket Red base (these CS and ribbon are included in the kit).


If I'd had it in me to do some baking the day I created this little square mat, I would put in on a handmade square paper pizza box like in this post and put a big cookie inside! (I'll do that some other time!) BUT, I do love this A2 layout for the little square grid! This card will be perfect to send with a little tin of cookies once the holidays get a little closer! :)


Hope this card inspires you to "get your bake on", or at least virtual baking through stamping some baked goodies! ;) Have a yummy day!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh... I love it!! Darn I want MY Jolly paper!!! You are making some rockin cards with that DP!!! I can't wait to play tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie - this card is just so cute! Thanks for sharing another great card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)