Thursday, October 1, 2009

New stamps! a winner! and Quickie sewing!

The new release stamps are now available for purchase at Gina K Designs, see them all here! Here's of pic of newest releasse!!


Next, the winner of my "Hip to Be Square" new set from Monday's blog hop candy is:
Brenda said...
gorgeous card Melanie!!! I think that maybe yo have something for Valentine's day and maybe Easter.
September 29, 2009 8:56 PM


Please send me your snail addy Brenada and I will send you the set! Congrats! :)
I will be back shortly with my tip sheet, just adding a few very important tips! But here is a quick card I shared at the party , the first is CAS, see how beautifully the window frames the different parts of the pattern to create the look of lots of layers iwthout layering?
...and the second pic of it shows how easily you can create the look of beautiful stitching on your card layers with the many faux stitch images included in this new set! Simply line up the trim on your grid line block and stamp over along the line you want to sew, I did this whole grid with the zig zag stamp in less than a minute! DP is Basic Grey Junebug. Last I added a greeting to the corner and mounted on Pure Luxury in the Navy and Rocket Red with some paper flowers.
Thank you to everyone who attended the party; if you missed it, you can go catch up on all the fun here! :) More to come, have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Melanie!! Your card is fantastic!! I enjoyed your cards at the release party, and your window with Theresa's fireplace totally rocked!!! I am off to email you, wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Brenda :)

    I love the look you are able to achieve with this stamp set, Melanie. I like the idea of stamping rather than actual layers making up the card - it's easier to post, easier to put in an envelope without catching the layers accidentally - and it looks great! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to Brenda! I love the look of the stamp directly on the designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, you aced it. Nice wowrk Melanie. Love your eye for just right!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)