Saturday, November 7, 2009

Alphabet Trees

On today's card I tried substituting two of the trees from on of the images inthe StampTV kit Holiday Cheer for the "M" in "Merry Christmas" (from the "Seasonal Greetings" set). Do you see it or is it to over the top?? I am still undecided!) Anyway, I think it's fun to try to make letters out of images when you can... :)

I stamped everything in Vivid Vintage Green and outlined the trees and greetings with the Inkssentials white pen, piling it on just the tops and left side of the letters to look like snow accumulating. Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Soft Sand, and All Spruced Up. I love this new Cuttlebug Herringbone folder I used on the mat, such detail and texture and great to go with the pine tree theme. A little piercing to the corners completes the card.

15 comments:

  1. I see the "M" with the trees and have to say I love the way you used the gel pen to add snow both to the trees *and* the wording, that looks so cool. Great layout and I agree the Herringbone folder is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Mel!! On my to be cased list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see it and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I like how you did the snow and great way to make an M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card. Great use of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card, I love everything about it, except, however, I would never have seen an "M" in the trees. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! I will admit that I did not see the M at first, but squinted and saw it! LOL! But its such a gorgeous design, and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitly see it Melanie!...So lovely! :D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see it!!!! AND, love the idea! Thanks so much for all you do to inspire!!!!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't see the M at first because I was so taken with your natural-looking snow. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. its a stunning card! like the tree idea to replace the M...works!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can definately see the "m" in the trees. Very creative!!! I'm going to have to take a look at a few of my stamps now. :)

    Gorgeous as usual Melanie, thanks for sharing!!

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)