Friday, November 20, 2009

A Child is Born

I love the combination of sets on this card: my "Festive Frame" and "Hand in Hand", and "Vintage Borders" by Nina Brackett. After stamping the frame in Memento Black onto Ivory Pure Luxury, I colored the images and borders with Copics (trimming the image leaving about 1/8" around, lining the edge with black and coloring with red to make the double border) and then masking the center oval and stamping the greetings border (love all the languages in this one!) across in Antique Linen Distressing ink, I love that soft look on ivory. Next I stamped the pair of hands in the middle, colored and then sponged more Antique Linen ink into the oval around them. Last I inked up just the "a child is born", part of the Bible verse from the Festive Frame set and stamped at the bottom right. I wrapped a Large Flourish punched from Fresh Asparagus to the top accented with a few adhesive pearls I colored with my Cardinal Copic to look like the berries in the arrangements.

Have a blessed weekend! Thanks for visiting me in our first ever STV member hop! Be sure to check Gina's blog here for the complete list of participants! :)

34 comments:

  1. Melanie - this is so special with those hands! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza Mel!!! How very precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Melanie! Love the combination of sets you used to create this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel you made a breathtaking card. Just precious and really makes a statement. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so precious! I love the hands in the Festive Frame, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie- You are the queen of combining sets! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things that make you say awwwwwwww! Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Melanie, This has to be the sweetest card ever. I love this so very much, it so touched my heart this morning.
    What a wonderful combination of the stamps sets! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. "a child is born" what a perfect sentiment! Your card is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet!! Wonderful creation Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love your combo of the two sets! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mel, this is stunning! What a great combination of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow i love this card the way youve used the childs hand image with the festive frame adorable and cute !
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so precious. I love the combination of these two sets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great tribute to a Christmas baby! Love this!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow! Your card is stunning! I love the hands inside the frame with that sentiment! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Splendiferous Mel! LOVE it - especially with the senti - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so beautiful Mel! Love the colors of the poinsettias on this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a precious and touching Christmas card, Melanie....your combo of stamp sets came together beautifully...I love every little detail on this gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card! I love how you have used different stamp sets! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful card and great combination of stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Melanie this is so beautiful!!! Those sets look like they were meant to go together. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH gosh, Mel this is a real beauty! LOVE LOVE how you've combined these 2 sets..hand in hand--how completely perfect for the birth of Christ..omgosh, you are brilliant missy! A most precious Christmas card and super inspiring as well :) i love and miss u and hope everything is well in your world. ive been out of the creative loop for quite some time but i dare say that im back and cant wait to catch up with everyone! big hugs to one of the most amazing women im lucky enough to know! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Melanie! I love the hands in the festive frame!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is beautiful! I love the hands set and did not think of combining the 2 sets. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful way to use your two sets!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)