Wednesday, November 4, 2009

CSS Christmas Blog Hop

Welcome to our first Center Stage Spotlight Design Team Blog Hop! (Grab a drink and a snack, we have lots to share tonight!)

Jessica Fick, the Design Team Coordinator for GinaK Designs has issued a challenge to all of the past and present team CSS team members to make a Christmas card with one of these sketches:



We know you're going to LOVE what everyone has designed for us tonight!

This sketch just had me thinking of a snow globe, so it was the perfect time to ink up this shy little snowman from Rupa's Winter Friends! It would have been fun to make a shaker but I am completely out of crafting plastic (more is on the way, whew!!) so I made do by die cutting a circle from Pure Luxury White that I'd stamped and colored, sponging around the edges with blue, and then adding a little pile of Star Dust Stickles to the bottom and gluing some clear microbeads and findings Donna gave me long ago swirling around him like he was just shook up! No shaking required! DP is Basic Grey June Bug (plaid) and Emily's Vintage Holly Quarters, I love this snowflake pattern she created. Base is Rocket Red. I came this close to trying to "free cut" my own little base for the globe, when I noticed how much better one of the Fancy Tags in Good as Gold would look!

A little candy tonight too! Nina Brackett is giving away one of my "Hip to Be Square" sets (thank you, Nina!) to one randomly chosen person who leaves a comment on ONE of these blogs in the hop, (only Nina knows which is the lucky blog!), so be generous with your comments if you want to win! Thank you in advance for taking the time to comment, it means so much to all the designers who work really hard on creating things for your inspiration! :)


Now, here are the links for GinaK's Current CSS Team Members:

Deb Felts
Diana S. Queen
Karen Knegten
Melissa Cash
Sharri Seffens
Sue VanDeVusse

and the links for all of the past CSS Design Team members participating:

Brenda Turner,
Carla Suto,
Carolina Buchting,
Charlene Merrick,
Dawn Lusk,
DeeMarie Kelemen,
Geri Utterback ,
Giovanna Smith,
Janice Melton,
JenMarie Taylor,
Jennie Harper,
Joy Hadden,
Kay Simmons,
Linda Payne,
Lori McAree,
Melisa Waldorf,
Pam Imholz,
Selma Stevenson,
Shannon Bracken,
Shelly Wilson,
Sue Walsh,
Tina Gilliland

Finally, some of GinaK's Senior Design Team Members and Illustrators wanted to get in on the fun tonight too:
Gina Krupsky
Asela Hopkins

Carolyn King
Cindy Lawrence
Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Nina Brackett
Melanie Muenchinger (you're here!)


along with Nina Brackett's Guest Designer: Lisa Hjulberg

All of these gorgeous cards from the entire team will be added to the StampTV gallery throughout the next few days with the tag cssjf1 (which stands for center stage spotlight jessica fick 1)

These sketches are also our sketch challenge for this week, so be sure to check out all the information in the discussion in our Challenge group over on StampTV Thursday morning. We'd love to see your cards with the sketch too!


Enjoy hopping! Thanks for dropping in! :)

53 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Melanie, I love your snow globe and what you did with the fancy tag is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Melanie! Love that snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...Melanie....this is such a wonderful,beautiful,creative card! i love him as a snowglobe! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snow globe effect you gave to this Melanie! So CUTE! Great dp too!

    Isn't Nina just the sweetest...I bought a Christmas ornament from Cracker Barrel that reminded me of your Hip To Be Square set so when I got it I could create something similar...It screamed inspiration for Melanie's set! I need to take a picture and email it to you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie!!! That is an awesome way to create a snow globe!!!! I LOVE it!! I will have to CASE this one too *sigh* *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Melanie - and that Basic Grey DP just sets it off. Great choice! I just ordered your Festive Frame, and can't wait to get it! TFS tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, Melanie! I LOVE your idea of making it into a snowglobe with the fancy tag! What a great idea!!!!

    Thanks for hopping with us - I'm so thrilled you could join in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie!!! I absolutely adore this card!!! The snow globe is both beautiful & oh so cute!!! Such a warm wintery feel to it! Just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that snow globe is awesome (love the idea for the base using the curly label.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie you always come up with something just that bit different!! I love your snowglobe and the snowmans vest is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely snowglobe. I love your creations Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your snow globe!!! awesome card Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic, Mel - gorgeous color combo and love the fancy tag - your snowman is cute enough to pinch his little cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant Mel...how very creative to use that tag die as a base for your snow globe. Love the crystal snowflakes. FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the paper piecing, great idea! So cute how you made it look like a snowglobe. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card. Love the plaid in the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fabulous card Melanie. This is so cute. Love how you created the snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome snowglobe you created Mel! Love how you did the base of it and looking like it was just shaken! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling snow globe card, Melanie! Love the base and all the sparkle! The snowman is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome job! It does look just like a snowglobe freshly shaken up. Cute little snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Melanie I just love how you used the fancy tag for the base of the globe. It's always so nice to see different uses for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your snowman and snow globe!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are SO clever! I love it! Gorgeous snowglobe! You KNOW everyone is gonna be casing you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. As a crafter on a budget, I love the idea of a snow globe card that does not require purchasing special plastic parts! Also love the recycling of Fancy Tags into a snow globe base - INSPIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I love the tartan plaid with the snowman! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So clever to use that Spellbinders tag die as the bottom of the snowglobe! It's still on my wish list - so many possibilities! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMGosh that is such a neat idea to use the fancy tag as your base!! I might have to try a snow globe card now!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the globe - you are amazing!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great job!! Love the "no shaking required".
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. The snowman is so cute. And the colors are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable card, Melanie! I love that snowman. You colored him prefectly!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your coloring/shading is just so, so perfect! And the fancy tag is, indeed, perfect! I'm beginning to think you must be perfect! TFS all your many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Melanie, I love that you made a snowglobe and the fancy tag is perfect for the base!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ohhh I LOVE the design and that gold fancy tag is soooo cooool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the snowglobe!! Cute, cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Melanie I LOVE the snow glove effect - totally adorable with this cute little snowguy. And how clever to use the fancy tag as the base - thanks for sharing that fun tip with all of us. Great hoP!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Melanie I love the snowglobe idea! I will have to try this! I just love all your great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just lovely, Mel! The snow globe is oh-so-clever too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. OH Melanie this is so awesome!! I love the snow and wowza what a wonderful snow globe, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very clever to make it a snowglobe!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh WOW!!! That is so cool how you turned it into a snow globe! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. OMG.....I love how you twist things and make them something so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. So sweet! The main image reminds me of a snow globe. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a darling design, Melanie...I just love your little snow globe and the snowman is sooo precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thud Mel - love everything about this card! Beautiful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)