Monday, November 23, 2009

Farm at Dawn

Here is a silhouette card I made using Signs of Autumn and Thanks a Million. I stamped the rooster first in Vivid Coffee Bean and then stamped the wheat all over the bottom stamping off into the distance. The ones closest to the bottom I colored in with a dark Brown Copic to match my rooster since the wheat is a line art image. Leaving the ones behind it open, though, give it a little more variety, depth and texture. then I sponged olive ink on the bottom and rust ink to the top, adding a circle mat at the end and sponging a little more to make a sun (and give me a nice spot to put my greeting.) I placed a square nestabilitie over my mat and traced a square border to frame it up, then ran the marker along the outside edge to give it a double border. A few punched large flourishes from Chocolate Kiss Pure Luxury finish it off. Card base is Sweet Corn.


I love how these images and colors evoke the quiet countryside! I made it months ago and had to share it while harvest time is still here! :) Have a happy Thanksgiving later this week!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh so very very pretty... even relaxing. Perhaps I'll go to bed now. *smile* Great card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melanie, this is such a stunning card! Love the duo and shadows, light and dark. My mind is spinning with creative opportunities and options. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card as always!! Happy Thanksgiving Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty and elegant, Mel...love the warm, rich colors and the images are wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)