Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Release: Calendar Bits & Pieces and Calendar Grid

Thanks for coming out to this special mid month release: Tami Mayberry's " Calendar Bit & Pieces" and "Calendar Grid" sets! The calendar grid is just that: an open grid with the days across the top for you to fill in as you please, the larger set includes all the months, numbers occasions, and little images to go with. I started out making an extra big CARD, measures 5 1/2" x 7 1/2", because I think it makes a fun background not just for calendars. :) The little "I love you" and "24 - 7" are all separate stamps included in the set , I just pieced them together on my block and then stamped the heart in Vivid Brick on every day of the month. A fun and easy Valentine! Cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Black Onyx, and the new Kraft, very excited about this new neutral! Last I added some adhesive nail heads to jazz it up as well as to go with the calendar theme, like it's a page waiting to be torn off to reveal the next.

Next I made a calendar for the month of December. I don't have any binding system, but with 8 1/2" X 11" sheets of Cardstock, here Silver Lining, I can put one month on either side and do a total of 6 sheets. Later you could put these into a scrapbook and add some journalling. I stamped Festive Frame above it to add a photo, this is a black and white print out of the one I shared before. I like the proportions of these two large stamps together and it's perfect to have a place to add a picture above to go with the month! I stamped the frame over my photo this time and cut out the pic and layered it on top this time instead of cutting the window out. White mat measures 6 1/2"x8 3/4" , with the black mat being 1/8" larger on all sides. Something fun to hang this up: I punched a hole with my Cropodile in the top and added an adhesive rhinestone to the head of my clear pushpin, I'm going to start doing this to all my pins! :)
Gina will be showing an easy way to stamp the numbers into the spaces you need for the particular month, here I actually left all mine together, 1-31, as one stamp (no cutting) and just inked up everything to the right and below "1" and stamped into place, then cleaned my stamp and inked up the remaining rows to put on Sunday and Monday. Pretty simple!

The Menorah and Christmas tree are also part of the set, it's fun to stamp these and the other holiday images over the proper days. The month "December" fits in the small oval punch, and I layered it with a large one colored with C-3 Copic, which I also used to color the borders on my frame.
Last I made a perpetual calendar with all the numbers, plus some images, stamped on white and punched with a 1/2" circle then adhered to flat marbles with some Crystal Lacquer. I added a little strip of adhesive magnet tape to the back of each, now they are ready for the fridge, but not quite so strong that they want to stick through CS. the solution I came up with was to stamp the calendar in StazOn onto a clear envelope I had and cutting of the adhesive strip on the end. Now I have a clear pouch that I can slide a piece of patterned paper into corresponding with the month or season. Kids (and this big kid!) love perpetual calendars, it's always fun to be the one to get to set up the new month and change the days, adding in birthdays and holidays. My older son came in while I was making this so he set to work stamping out all the other images I hadn't already done, he's a little "magnet crazy" now!


And here we have February as another example. As you can see the size of the marbles are a little bigger than the squares of the grid, however, you don't really notice this gap when they are all applied, you just see the days going in order and what is important is that they match up with the size of the days going across, which they do! yay! (whew!) ;)


For some helpful tips on how to use the Calendar Bits & Pieces and Calendar Grid stamp sets, please be sure to check out Gina's blog and StampTV for a helpful video on just how quick and easy it can be to use! Both of these sets as well as the PDF version of the Calendar Grid image will be available for purchase tonight over on our online store.

After that, stop by our Illustrator's blog - Tami Mayberry for some projects with her timely stamp sets.

Here are the Gina K Designer Member's links who are joining us in the preview tonight:



You'll also want to check in on these CenterStage Spotlight Designer's blogs for more ideas:


26 comments:

  1. wow! dont know how you found the time to do all of these! amazing...love your photo one!
    wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at your creative genius run amok!!!! LOL No seriously......you KNOW I adore all of it!!!! But the hearts and the 24/7.......I'm IN LOVE with that!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie - you are quite the genius! lol
    combing the festive stamp set with this new calendar set! Love all of your projects but my favorite is the one that also includes the festrive frame set!
    thank you for sharing your work and allowing all of us to be inspired by it!
    Hugs,
    alita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Melanie, the cards is great and those calendars rock!! I love the one combined with your festive frames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful calendar you have made with the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You always have the best take on the new stuff. I love it!!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!! I love the pebbles...brilliant! And that photo is just about what one of the sweetest ever and just perfect for a calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your tips, and those pebbles are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-maz-ing! I love your projects Melanie. Those magnets are da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - all your ideas here are fabulous - and the 24-7 hearts one takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful calendar ideas, thanks so much for your inspiring work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Mel - you really outdid yourself with all of these fantastic variations using this set. You did an outstanding job of showcasing the versatility and ease of combining these sets with others to create masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melanie, these are so creative. I love all the little hearts on the grid for the card and that calendar is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant once again! I LOVE the 24-7, such an awesome idea...and the perpetual calendar, too cool! I need some of the clear stone thingys now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this 24-7! Both are so creative and wonderful! You have the BESTEST ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous projects, Melanie! Super creative designs and details! Just love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you've been BUSY! great idea for the photo in festive frame for the calendar (you know I love that pic) love the 24-7 card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the perpetual calendar idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously....when do you create all of this stuff? You must have good kids (hee!)

    GREAT projects! love the 24-7 card---too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soooo very very creative Melanie and gorgeous too!! What a great calendar for someone without a binding system to try. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Talent, I tell ya, it's talent, we all want it and you have it! Give it up young lady, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, I love how you combined your frame image with the calendar...it's sooo gorgeous and what a great Christmas gift for your loved ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so love that pic of you and your son. It's so precious. Your perpetual calendar is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGosh, these are fab! The Festive Frame is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Melanie, these are just over the top creative! I LOVE them all - they show the potential of this set so well!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)