Monday, November 2, 2009

Potluck Challenge on STV

One of our CenterStage Spotlight Designers Deb Felts is hosting the current Potluck Friday at Stamp TV: to make something soft and feminine. On today's card, I used the "Festive Frame" set, stamping it on white, and coloring in the borders, then colored and cut out flowers and leaves from "A Year of Flowers" to pop up over the poinsettias and pine at the corners. If you color the poinsettia and greenery underneath green and color the berries the same color as the popped up flowers, they will really blend seamlessly with your new arrangement, without needing to worry about covering up the entire image. Hope this sample helps you find more ways to use the beautiful borders in the new frame set, I know many of you have "A Year of Flowers" (or plan on ordering it for the matching poinsettia), and these sets work so well together. I used some adhesive pearls and Silver Lining Cardstock to make it even "girlier".

The purple theme and ribbon is part of Deb's dual challenge: to create cards for the family of Somer Thompson, the little girl who was kidnapped and murdered recently in Jacksonville, Florida, where Deb lives. I used the sentiments from Gina's "Not Forgotten" for the inside and out. This child and family has been on my mind so much in the past couple weeks and I am holding my own children tighter as I pray for this family and community's healing, and that the killer will be found. If you can find time to send a card to them, it would be so appreciated, as would be your spreading the word about the card request.
Please include a purple ribbon. Your card can be mailed here:

c/o Deb Felts
General Delivery
Fleming Island, FL 32003

If you play along in the Potluck Challenge, please upload your card to STV before this Friday, with the tag stvpf37.

Thank you for reading today, I pray you have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the soft look and the purples. This will be a must have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're after my own heart with this one!! I LOVE the purple!!! AND... that flower is one of my favs in your set... I may have to CASE this beautiful card!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card for Somer's family is absolutely gorgeous, Melanie! I love the flowers you used with Festive Frame and the purple is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect card for the family, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple is beautiful and love the idea for Festive Frame. You're so creative. the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely beautiful - and what a meaningful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing how you modify your sets to suit your need...this is certainly no exception! I am gonna have to have your Year of Flowers! I love the purple...I know Diena will love it too! Thank you so much, Melanie, for giving this cause a focus! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and love the purple..perfect sentiment for such a tragic occasion....

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous Melanie...I am sure that mother will be so touched. What a heartbreaking story.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)