Sunday, November 22, 2009

Punch it Up Tree #2!

Here's another simple card (no stamping today!) you can make using one of the corners from the EK Success Curved Corner double punch. (be sure to see this post for a tree made with the other half of this punch!) Aren't those three points perfect for a layered fir tree?? I punched out 6 for this 4.25" square card, but you could make it taller to match the proportions of your design. Starting from the bottom, I put a little adhesive at the the top of the punch and lined up another one over it, repeating the punches and adhesive until I got to the top. I popped the completed tree up on to the die cut scalloped Pure Luxury white mat, then added some little adhesive strips of 3 mm pearls for garland and a little shiny red button from the Gina K Holiday button assortment at the top with a glue dot. Card base is All Spruced Up.

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute Melanie. It is so fun to use punches like this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Melanie...wish I'd have seen that, but sadly I am a follower, not an innovator :o) You can be sure I will be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Must get out my corner punch....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't like my corner punch tree, so I made one by hand. Great idea...I just might use this idea for my Pre-K class to make a card for their parents...after I get a good corner punch I like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 3D tree and card, it's sooo cute! I've never seen the punch tho, where can I see it online?

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)