Saturday, November 28, 2009

Triangle Tree

This was my first time to try out my new Cuttlebug Herringbone folder, it's such a cool intricate design, and makes fabulous pine needles on the All Spruced Up Pure Luxury CS! I cut out a tall triangle of the embossed paper (you can get 2-4 of these out of a mat you've embossed with the folder, great for mass production!) and then added several buttons from the Gina K Holiday assortment, tied with hemp and then adhered with glue dots (I left the big white one untied to add a little more interest) I popped up the tree on this dotted Basic Grey Junebug DP and layered onto the same green mat and a Rocket Red base, easy peasy! (except for tying those little knots! Still worth it, though, no time spent stamping or coloring here!) ;)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Lovely card Mel! I never thought of herringbone as pine needles. That's why I love these blogs, we get ideas everywhere! TFS

Rose Ann said...

I love the texture on your tree, and the cute buttons!!

Sandra said...

wonderful card!
Sandra

Lori said...

Great pine needle texture!

Susan said...

Lookin' good!

Payne Holler Cards said...

right now I need cute and quick!! TFS :)))