Saturday, November 28, 2009

Triangle Tree

This was my first time to try out my new Cuttlebug Herringbone folder, it's such a cool intricate design, and makes fabulous pine needles on the All Spruced Up Pure Luxury CS! I cut out a tall triangle of the embossed paper (you can get 2-4 of these out of a mat you've embossed with the folder, great for mass production!) and then added several buttons from the Gina K Holiday assortment, tied with hemp and then adhered with glue dots (I left the big white one untied to add a little more interest) I popped up the tree on this dotted Basic Grey Junebug DP and layered onto the same green mat and a Rocket Red base, easy peasy! (except for tying those little knots! Still worth it, though, no time spent stamping or coloring here!) ;)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Mel! I never thought of herringbone as pine needles. That's why I love these blogs, we get ideas everywhere! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture on your tree, and the cute buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. right now I need cute and quick!! TFS :)))

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)