Friday, November 27, 2009

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

..and a happy new year!! (this sentiment from the set is what's stamped inside the card, sorry I forgot to take a pic!)



This is a two layer card, with the Festive Frame stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Pure Luxury White with a Rocket Red base. I used Copics Lionet Gold for the borders and Strong Red for the background. Let me tell you I loved coloring instead of cutting out an extra red layer and it doesn't add weight to my card! :) Oval was sponged with Antique Linen Distressing Ink and stamped using Nina's music border to go with the Christmas caroling title/greeting from the set, and to be honest I can't look at this card without wanting to burst into song! (come Dec 1, Christmas music will be playing in my house during every waking hour for the WHOLE month LOL! Last , gold edges white organdy ribbon provides the "necessary" holiday sparkle!


This was very simple to make, I hope it inspires and put you in the holiday spirit! Thanks for visiting! :)


Bye! (goes off humming...)

4 comments:

  1. Melanie this is stunning. Love the white flowers on the red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the master .... great card!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Melanie! I have this stamp set on my Christmas wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)