Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week 2: Linda Payne (and a RAK request)

Another new "Festive Frame" new creation from Linda Payne this week, do you even recognize that wintery frame here? She has done almost NO coloring, just a but of shadowing with green around the outlines for shadows and on the oval rim, some yellow to the centers of the flowers, but the majority of what you see are these beautiful swirling pastels on this lovely Basic Grey print! Looks like something out of a fairy tale, utterly magical, and completely unlike poinsettias LOL! she layered more flowers and leaves from "A Year of Flowers" stamped on the same DP to the empty corners of the frame and added some Stickles for pollen (fairy dust??) ;) and a butterfly from "Take Flight". Card base is Pure Luxury All Spruced Up. Thank you, Linda for giving us an early peek at springtime! :)

Now let's go see what else Linda has dreamed up on her blog!

PS My mother just forwarded this request for Christmas cards for 5 year old Noah. He is in the last stages of a 2 1/2 year battle with Neuroblastoma Cancer. He is not expected to survive to Christmas. The family is celebrating Christmas next week and when asked what he wanted for Christmas Noah's request is to get lots of Christmas cards.

Lets get him some, please send cards to:
Noah Biorkman 1141 Fountain View Circle, South Lyon, MI 48178.

Here is a video link of Noah, I know a lot of you have gotten a jump on your holiday cards too, and I know where my snowglobe from the other night will be going! Thanks in advance!

10 comments:

  1. will send mine first thing in am!
    heartbreaking...prayers to this family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card by Mrs. Linda Payne.... Truly praying for this family and will get a card in the mail when I get home... Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heartbreaking story. Family will be in our prayers and I just addressed a card that will be mailed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous and I will be happy to send a card of my own to Noah. Am getting off the computer now to do so since it has to travel from Australia to the USA and his time seems to be so short...thank you Mel for letting us know how to make him happy at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is beautiful. I am also getting a Christmas card in the mail to Noah. Posted the request on my facebook. I watched the newsclip---still tearing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!
    prayers go out to Noah and his family.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so beautiful it is one of my favorites now! I think I will have to case this one! LOL. What a wonderful GD!!
    My goes out to Noah and his family and I already started a card for him!! Thanks for letting us know!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks caring crafters! Noah cards encourage Scott, Noah's mom, and his grandmother all in the same house!! What a scrapbooking event Noah's mom will have going in 2010! We all should follow up in February with some two page layout kits in waterproof bags to brighten dad, mom, and grand's scrapbooking of Noah's decidedly memorable, loving cards and gifts embellishing his strong reminder to love one another.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a gorgeous card! I never would have thought to use the DP that way and it turned out great!

    My thoughts and prayers are with Noah's family. This is so close to home since my nephew died just over a year ago and he fought his brain cancer for 2 years prior.

    I'm going to try to get a card out to him Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)