Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CSS Blog Hop!


It's time for another GinaK CenterStage Spotlight Team Blog Hop!

Each artist was asked to design their project by drawing inspiration from these photos of the AMAZING Christmas Cookie Bouquet the CSS Team sent to Gina's DT Coordinator Jessica Fick:


Well, since I've had cookies on the brain lately, I had to do a completely literal take on this...here's the outside of the card ("Have a Cookie" image and "Hip to Be Square" face stamped on it and one of Gina K's labels from "Holiday Greetings")
and the inside!!! My Perfect Pattern Pop Up Oven with the window frame and snowmen suitors peeping in again from Hip to Be Square, and the punched out little snowman (woman!) inside holding the tray of cookies!
I stamped a greeting from the holiday Hospitality set onto a Petite Oval Nestabilities rug made from Ocean Mist that I Cuttlebugged with Herringbone. All DP is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, you can do the most fun matchy-match kitchens with these BG DP packs!! :) I stayed away from the very Christmasy ones in this pack like holly and Santa so it can just be a winter card I can send before the cold eason ends... Something else I really like about this card is that I printed the template onto glossy cardstock and now I have sleek, shiny counters and an enameled oven, see the reflection on the burners from the dials? Very sharp!

Click on these links to see what the participating Designers have prepared for us tonight:

32 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Love the glossy paper used for the stove. Of course the colors are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the snowmen peeking in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo adorable. I think the stove one is my fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY, this is fantastic! love love the pop up card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my word!! Girl, your kitchen scene just absolutely rocks!!! I love it! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie- great cards, as always. Love the cookie, but that stove makes me giggle 'cause it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards! I love how you combined sets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative Melanie!!
    Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card - inside and out. It's absolutely fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the "snow cook" and the snowmen peeking in the window...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and creative! I love the snowman cookie on the front and the inside is just too adorable, especially with the snowmen peeking in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet. What is more fun than snowmen in front of a hot stove.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melanie, this is so cute and very creative! I love the scene you created on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable, Melanie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one of the coolest and most creative cards I have seen ina long time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too cute, Melanie! I love the DP on the outside and the pop-up oven scene with the snowmen looking in! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have just outdone yourself Mel! Love the glossy cardstock with this and too cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is too cute! Love your baking snowman!!! Super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards just make me smile big. I love the kitchen and the cute snow faces peeking in the window. Love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Melanie, this is truly a work of {heart}! I love your design and your little snowman is the perfect cookie chef!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehehe! Cute as ever! I just love the way you combine sets to come up with something so totally innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hat a neat card...loved the outside but the inside is really cool

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, this is so cute, Melanie!!! I LOVE your template on your card - what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just amazing! Your kitchen scene is cozy and homey - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG, what a fabulous design, Mel....your little stove is adorable and what fun snowmen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, that kitchen is so cool. And I love that funky background on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Melanie you card is so cute!!! I love the snowman baking, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMGosh! How CUTE is that? Those have got to be ice cream sandwich cookies those - or the snowman baker would melt! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this card! The snowmen peeking through the window and snowoman baking in the kitchen are super cute! I hope you will do a tutorial on this card sometime... the snowmen peeking through the window with the sky in the background looks a little intimidating.

    Thanks Mel! Love your designs and super-cute cards!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)