Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dreaming Fairy

Today I have a card with Alicia's little sleeping fairy from "Wishes and Dreams".

Base is Ocean Mist and DP is Basic Grey Indian Summer, I loved how ethereal this print was with these long vines, like night blooming flowers. Although I don't usually throw in a color that's not key in my design, i love the contrast of the aqua with the pink and deep orange, and it does bring attention to the very small bit of aqua I added to the wings in just a few places to make them look iridescent, ink and lilac were added as well.


On her hair I added highlights of white pen and Sakura Stardust gel as well. Card is adorned with large flourishes punched from Innocent Pink and blinged sateen flowers. The greeting is on a die cut circle, like the moon rising in the background.


I've gotten several requests for how I color this Manga style art with my Copics, so I will be back with some step by step tips for coloring their skin, clothes, and hair, it is actually much easier than some of the techniques you've learned already with your Copics because this style is really based on hard lines and high contrast, rather than lots of blending of the shades which takes more time and practice.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love Alicia K's Set & your coloingis just impeccable as always Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your artwork, but I don't have time to go there every day. That is why I really appreciate your posting pictures on your Feedblitz notices. I can do a quick check of the card you are featuring and visit your blog later for more in-depth descriptions. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the wings! Super cute card, great colors.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)