Friday, January 29, 2010

"Punchy Bears" Tutorial

Here is one of my favorite cards I made for this release, using a few buttons and the sweet little face and ear stamps from "Square Pegs".
To make these bears you need: a 3/4" circle punch, 1 1/8" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, and a small oval punch (mine is SU!). Stamp the face onto two colors of cardstock. Here I used Sweet Corn and Kraft. Use your 1 1/8" punch to punch out the whole face from one, then use the 3/4" punch to punch out just the nose and mouth from the other piece to create the little snout then pop this up over the nose and mouth on larger face. Stamp and cut out the ears. Punch the body from the largest 1 3/8" punch. Stamp the button image from the Square Pegs set or add a real one for a belly. Punch four small ovals for the limbs, then take some scissors and snip off one end of each oval about 2/3 down, curving your cut, this makes the perfect floppy stuffed arms and legs! Adhere and you're done! Here I made the pair with their arms around each other, awwwww! :) The sentiment from this set is stamped into the little stitched circle tab from the new Stamp TV Kit Organize it.

Last I used the Scor-Bug to pierce some stitched borders around the sides and added faux stitching with my White inkssentials pen. Inside the card I stamped row of the large button image in brown.

7 comments:

  1. These bears are so adorable. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Mel, these guys are really really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they ever cute! The faces, oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie... these bears are just the cutes! Love the happy faces. :o) Thanks for the great tip with the oval punch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel...oh so very, very adorable my dear! I am keeping this blog for reference, to say the least. I see baby cards here...pink or blue take your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute - thanks for sharing the directions!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)