Monday, January 4, 2010

Sneak Peek: Square Pegs and Purrr-fectly Delightful

My newest set "Square Pegs" gets its name from coordinating with one of my most popular sets from Gina K Designs: "Hip to Be Square". You can stamp a card appropriate for any occasion once you have these two sets (see samples with "Hip to Be Square" here), and all the new images and greetings are tailor made to fit the squares in the frame (get it? pegs??) :) It will be a great starter set for a beginning stamper, as well as a staple for the seasoned stamper, I promise you will love the versatility and value of this set! With a mix of both bold and line art images, you can color then in or stamp up quick cards with eye-popping color, and there won't be a technique you can't do! They'll make the perfect focal points or tags.

It was hard to know what to show you first (this set has over 40 stamps and I've already inked them ALL! even the Christmas tree!!) so I'll just start with the next few holidays coming up: first a sweet love card using just the frame from the Hip set, and all new stamps from "Square Pegs", perfect for Valentine's Day or any time you want to send some hugs and kisses!
The XO block stamp is so fun to punch, layer behind an image, make borders or kiss onto the many bold images included! There is one bold heart in the set, and it is a perfect fit for the Extra Jumbo Marvy Scalloped Heart Punch (yellow) which I've used here. It looks beautiful stamped in a solid color or kissed with one of the decorative borders in the set, see the sweet little flowers and dots? And I love how the little missing sliver on the left gives you instant "shine"! ;) "Lots of love" is one of many lovey greetings included that can work for multiple occasions. Cardstock is Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss and Ivory, frame is stamped onto Basic Grey and border is colored with Coral Copic, ink is Vivid Coffee Bean and Brick.

Next I have one without the frame, little Easter card using just "Square Pegs"this time, this is an example of how you can also use the new images as elements to create a scene. I've given you both a solid and an outline oval, that you can use to create colored eggs (along with the three borders you see above to decorate them, I had a blast two-step stamping these!), but the ovals can also be faces , bodies etc, it's a really great shape to have in your collection! (Substitute the circle from "Hip to Be Square" if you like fatter bunnies!) The ears, face and whiskers can be stamped together at once or trimmed apart to change the positioning to have them look at each other, make their ears perky, floppy or a mix! Their little paws were created by cutting out just the tips of the stamped floppy ears. DP is October Afternoon Report Card, cardstock is Pure Luxury Ivory and Sweet Corn. I punched a scalloped top for my border and scored it to make a picket fence.
I would have loved to share 10 more projects with this set today, they are all so different, but I'll end with these little treat boxes, Nina created templates for several new boxes and the patterns will be added to the GinaK store Thursday. This just shows how easily you can stamp up some quick gift packaging or party favors with this new go-to set! The top flaps on this particular flower box fold into a flower that matches an image in the set! :) The shamrock I stamped once in green and then in red and trimmed out one of the leaves (hearts!) from the red one to put on top of the green, now it doesn't necessarily have to be for St Patrick's Day.

Here is how I stamped out the red pattern on the flower power box. Easy peasy! Below you can see how adorable it looks with the Extra Jumbo Marvy Flower punch (yellow), I like having the options of turning it to fit (right) or in between the scallops (left) to make different layers. The larger red punch if you want to mat it like I did above is the Super Jumbo Flower (blue).

The other images in this set are perfect for your square and circle punches you already have, and the teeny greetings will fit just about any punch or die! I hope you love this set as much as I do! I can't wait to see what the design team made! More samples at the party Thursday and the tip sheet Friday morning! :)


The next sample uses my favorite image from Theresa Momber's new set "Purrr-fectly Delightful"! Siamese are some of my favorite cats, so I used my Warm Greys and two aqua Copics to create the traditional markings, and cool greys to shade the white teacup. GinaK is releasing this gorgeous new Pure Luxury color: Passionate Pink, so I colored my flowers this way so I could sneak this in for a mat and a base! I took two pink Copics to color a white paper flower to match and Mimosa Yellow on the new white buttons Gina is carrying for the center. The pale Pure Luxury Ocean Mist mat adds eye-popping contrast to the hot pink and really brings out those beautiful blue eyes. :) DP is Basic Grey. Last I pierced a double trial with the Scor-bug on the left side ,we can pretend that's just a detail or kitty cat scratches... ;)

I have a REALLY funny one I made with this set AFTER I'd already written this up, but I'm very excited to unveil it at Thursday's party!!! Hee! MEOW!!!!


For even more inspiration with our new stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these GinaK Designers' links:

Theresa Momber {Illustrator of Purrr-fectly Delightful}




















Joan Ervin {CSS Designer}


Betty Neville {CSS Designer}

37 comments:

  1. I totally knew you'd have amazing and eye-popping samples tonite!!!! OMGosh are those bunnies adorable!!!! And the little siamese kitten....saaawweeeet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaack!! I love them all!!! These are soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, cute are the bunnies! I like the option of having a round or oval bunny! Oh, I can't wait to get my set inked up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, you've created another winner! I love all of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible set..
    I alwasy say the samething about you Melanie.. I love the way you create products that truly streetch our stamping dollars and creativity.
    WOW!!
    I think I own all but 3 of your sets thru Ginak! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Valentine card. Adorable bunnies. Cute kitty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeks,Melanie! I love this...You know how to show off a set! Talk about a versatile stamp set...just adorable :o) Your cat card is just precious as well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous projects, Melanie....the Valentine is just tooo cute and I LOVE the bunnies!!!! Awesome coloring on the kitty card, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so wonderfully creative! Love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh...I think I am in love. You had me right off the bat...but the bunnies are irresistable, given my rescue charges right now. LOVE this set!!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS STUFF! Looks awesome, can't wait to see the full sets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute - and they're perfect toppers for those little treat boxes. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the square pegs....and your purrfectly delightful kitty....

    ReplyDelete
  14. These bunnies are so cute. And yes this is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome designs!! What a treat for a new stamper! Or for any stamper really!! Fun cards and boxes, thanks for the inspiration and congrats on such a creative "revealing" of the new products.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melanie, these are totally wonderful! I love your tips with the sweet bunnies too. And that kitty? Looks just like my Symphony did when she was a little one! Happy New Year!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooo cute! The kitten is sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your new set is going to be another hit, Melanie! Your cards are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your samples and I can see that I NEED your Square Pegs set. Those bunnies are adorable, love the Valentine and cute kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg, those bunnies! too stinking cute Mel! And the kitty, your coloring just so rocks!! I just love all of your creations!! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowza! I'm loving all these fab projects! Your new set is so versatile! Love your kitty card. Gorgeous coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic new set, Melanie! Your projects are so amazing Love every one - they are so fun and creative! Love your kitty card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun set! I can't wait to see all the different stamps in it but 40 stamps! My poor aching hand! Can't you convince Gina to make your sets pre-cut! LOL! Your kitty card is adorable! Love that you made the kitty look like a Siamese or Persian! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all beautiful Melanie! Gotta love sets that can be used all year long too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic Mel...thanks for the tip about the punch...I didn't know! Great job - as always, you always blow me away with your creative genius.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another amazing set and just love the projects. You are one very creative and talented crafter. I just love seeing you MOJO!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I adore your bunnies - too cute!! I made a bunny card too I'll share at the party, great boxes too! can't wait to play more with your set!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Like I posted to Gina...looks like you have made another do it all, go with everything kind of set! Or something like that :P Great job with Theresa's cute kitty, can't wait for preview night.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow those are some great samples. It certainly looks like another versatile set. The bunnies are darling and not just for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  30. very nice! love the versatility!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness these are as so cute!!! I LOVE your stamp set, Melanie and know it's going to be a huge hit!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)