Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sneak Peek: StampTV Kit

You are going to love GinaK's newest StampTV Kit "Organize it!" Oh my word, when I first saw the stamps included, I was just floored how useful all the images and words are, for making lists, tabs, planners in a pretty way, but also how beautiful and versatile the images and fonts she selected are, they go way beyond getting organized! The plans I have for the organizers will take a little more time to complete, and I suspect you'll see some awesome ones in our hop today, so I'll share some simple ones! The first stamp I had to ink up was the "little black book"! That Gina, she is feisty!
The label was stamped in Memento Black on Pure Luxury White and punched with a 1 -3/4" circle. I stamped the heart from the set in cranberry ink and adhered it over the black one in the middle.

And here's my LBB (little black book)!
It's just paper, and A2 sized. Cut a 5 1/2"x 81/2" piece of Black Onyx cardstock and round the four corners with the small corner rounder punch. Now place one end in the Mosaic Cuttlebug folder, centered into the pattern so it leaves a space on the sides. Repeat on the other side. You will have about a 1/4" in between each embossed side with no pattern, this will be the spine, and you'll see how easy it will just fold at these edges without scoring! Emboss another scrap of black with the same print, and cut a strip 5/8" x 4" and round these corners also. Adhere the end with Scor-Tape to the back of the book in the middle. The closure tab is cut with a Cuttlebug Tiny Tag die, place a 5mm adhesive nail head over each hole on the ends, bend, then adhere to the front middle of the book, leaving a "hump" instead of adhering it flat for the strip to to easily pass through. That's it!

You can put a Valentine message inside (with JUST your sweetheart's name and number! hee! (and maybe a rating! 10 of course!) ;) and present it as a card, OR attach a large post-it note pad inside , the long strip gives plenty of room for the book to expand. Adhere some pockets inside if desired. This thing totally looks like the real deal, I am just so excited about how it turned out!


Oh, a quick update I was able to do with the set, I added some tabs from Pure Luxury White to my Tech Talk addy book I shared a couple weeks ago, using the same circle punch to go around the tabs. The space inside the semicircle is left blank to add the many tiny words included in the set. Too cool!
As always, the kit is packed with an amazing assortment of crafting goodies: 2 stamp sets, 24 sheets of heavy base cardstock, an assortment of brads, ivory sateen flowers and 12 yards of a variety of beautiful coordinating ribbons in 5/8" and 3/8" widths.
To see more projects made with the new StampTV kit, check out these designer's links:





Then, tune in to the newest StampTV video available tomorrow morning at StampTV as Gina will be sharing a special project she made with the new kit too!

32 comments:

  1. I KNEW IT!!!!! It totally KNEW you were gonna make a little black book!!!!! Mel..........you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I understand why you were so excited about this little book -- oh it is incredible! Fab job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous! love your little black book (snicker!) wink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous!!! Simply amazing how you made that look so real like black pleather. Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Melanie, I love your LBB!! It an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Mel, you've done it yet again. This is so realistic- you are incredible.
    Hugs,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. What and Adorable little black book!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie, your LBB is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heheh! How FUN! (love those emoticons!) I think this would make me smile every time I opened it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, these creations have won me over. I've got to get this set! I'm a total organization freak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet! I knew your take on this set would rock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU have a little black book?? ;-) Well, at least it's a CUTE little black book!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really DOES look like a "little black book". You are
    amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your faux leather book. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little black book is fantastic and I love the ideas you listed to do with this. Thank you for the directions on how to make my own little black book. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..another great project, you girls have outdone yourselves yet again...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I'm like Lee, I KNEW you would make a 'LBB'! Talk about feisty! haha! And it is AWEsome Mel! I am loving that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love your little black book, Melanie! So creative! Very cool details on this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! I can see making my sons a birthday reminder book. They never can remember what day is my birthday. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your addy books looks great but ivory sateen flowers seems to be a wonderful option for valentine day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Melanie, you constantly amaze me with your creativity! Thanks for sharing that with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! This is just stunning....You make it sound so easy. I was going to post a comment asking you where you got the book and then it says below it was done by you.. I fell off the chair....

    ReplyDelete
  23. You rock Melanie! This LBB is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Melanie, this is so adorable! I LOVE your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. too cool! You're one creative artist!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now this is just to cool. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did a beautiful job on the little black book. Thanks for the details...sounds easy once someone tells me how to do it! Your addition of tabs on the earlier notebook is a great idea. TFS your talents. Pat Jandacek

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this little black book! <3 Looks so much like real leather it's stunning! :-D (Gotta try that!)...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Melanie ~ this little black book is to adorable! I am going to have to try this! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)