Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sung from the Heart Hop

In today's sample I used this perky little toaster from "Sung from the Heart".
DP is Basic Grey Bittersweet and CS is Pure Luxury White, Innocent Pink, Moonlit Fog and Lipstick Red. The slot is cut with the word window punch (which I also used for the lever), and I attached a Cuttlebug Die cut heart for the end to match the toaster image. Toaster is colored with Copics. A corner rounder punch gives some nice sleek curves and adds interest to this retro fun card! I shared this at our release party, but I did not show you this....
Look what popped up! I attached a piece of white CS I cut to resemble a slice of bread and sponged the edges with brown to give a nice and toasted look (hee!) then attached it to word window punched handle so it can go up and down to hide or reveal the greeting.

Check out these links for even more inspiration:

Now, it's your turn! Please hop over to Gina's blog to add the direct link to your blog post showcasing Rupa's Sung From the Heart stamp set in the Mister Linkey Box. Gina will have a special prize for the one link that she chooses out of all the participating bloggers - check out her blog for the details.
Thanks for visiting! :)

33 comments:

  1. Oh I did soooo love this actual working toaster!! And it's PINK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That is one awesome toaster! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is so cute and creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh get out, this is SO COOL! What a fabulous clever idea! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute for words!! Darling toaster!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my how fun is this card!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, you need to write a book about making unconventional rockin' cards. This is another one of those. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, seriously...genius!!! Love your card Mel - it's darlin', interactive and it just cries out you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...that is just the cutest, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel - this is adorable! Love your toaster pop-up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geneous yet again! Super creative.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How clever! I love it. Thanks for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card as usual. I love interactive cards. Too Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! This is just so creative and cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative idea!!Completely adrable! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is adorable! Love the toaster and the tag too! Very bright & cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mel! What a grin this morning! This is a retro of cards made in the past needing a color blast. Thanks for the memory lane tickle!! Likin' the ticket! mt23stamper

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your perky toaster! fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that is cute!!! Very creative! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your Pop Up Toast Message!!!! Very clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The toast is awesome! Adorable card--like usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now how very clever of you Mel! Great idea :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG!! Aren't you the creative one. :) This card is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  25. adorable, Melanie!! I LOVE your toaster!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are a clever one. The image of the toaster recreated in the border is genius! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my! You are so so clever!! I just love this and may have to case it!! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. three words: CUTE, UNIQUE, BRILLIANT

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)