Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wine with Everything!

I was out of town all weekend but will catch up on posts, I missed you!! Here is a card I made with Square Pegs and the new Pure Luxury Wine with Everything cardstock! So I had to start with a little wine! The bold glass image in my new set is so fun to use with a few simple techniques: rolling and direct to stamp. First, rock and roll the edges of the glass onto a gray pad rather than inking in it fully, this will give it a transparent look highlighting those edges. Then take a burgundy marker and fill in the bottom of the glass where the wine would be, and stamp! This way you can have your glass as empty or as full as you like! I love showing this kind of progression of emptying a glass with just one image. :) I did all the glasses the same way, just inking a little less each time and then cleaning the stamp before inking for the next, until I got to the empty one, but an easier way would have been to start empty and fill it up, working right to left!

Solid heart was stamped in burgundy ink and then without reinking it I kissed my inked up XO block onto it and then stamped that onto my white cardstock to make the paler patterned one. These were punched with the Marvy extra Jumbo (yellow) Scalloped Heart punch. That gorgeous embossed background is the Victoria folder,(my new fave elegant folder!) I used adhesive pearls and Black Onyx CS to finish the card.
This design with the glasses would make such a festive wedding, anniversary or anytime celebration card, but the little hearts are saying "Valentine"! I love you!! Cheers to the new year!

8 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I love the color and the name of the cardstock! :)

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, what a wonderful way to use this stamp! Your new set is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the deep purple! I like the full to empty - that would make a good new-years card as well as party card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful - I agree that embossing folder is nice!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, this card makes me want to grab a glass of my favorite Chianti! Simply gorgeous!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and clever! Thanks for the tip on inking up the glass.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)