Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Friends and Inspiration!

God morning! I had the pleasure of being introduced to a stampy kindred spirit named Marita at our church potluck this past Sunday, and I got to go visit her at her over-the-top adorable house and stamp room on Friday to brainstorm about getting our card ministry off the ground! This is just ONE END of her ginormous stamp room, or what I left thinking was "the happiest place on earth"!
And here is Marita herself, with her little Jack Russell terrier, Maggie, what sweethearts! Marita's whole house was the girliest, artsiest, most colorful place I've been in (she says you can do that when you live by yourself!) and I came away completely inspired by all her altered art, decorating choices, and impeccable organization! She also has a huge pop of red (her favorite color, just like mine!) in every room, be still my heart!

I could have taken about a hundred pictures of things I loved, one being this playful monkey that keeps the mood light in here!
Practically every inch of her place is decorated and bedazzled with collages and things Marita has made herself. Her stash of crafting stuff is as inclusive as a Hobby Lobby but she also makes she sure she puts all the stuff she collects to use, I love it!
Finally here is a pic she snapped of me snuggling with Maggie on the overstuffed couch (sorry for some of the pics being a little out of focus, the morning light coming into this huge room made things a little blurry) Having a sitting area in my craft room to chat and chillax like this would be my dream come true! I am just so excited to help Marita fill this room and warm, inviting home up with ladies from the Quarries for some cardmaking and fellowship!
(By the way, how do you like my new 'do?! Smooth and sleek here, just blown out by my hairdresser!)

Another big bonus, Marita wants to buy all my old, "well loved-but not being used anymore -needing a good home" stamps! So this will be the first step in the very long process of getting my craft area organized, decluttered, trimmed and slimmed down and hopefully turned into a more useful, enjoyable space!

Hope you are having a terrific weekend, I'll be back to sharing some stamped stuff very soon!

13 comments:

  1. Aren't crafty people just the best! Looks like an amazing start of a friendship for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome place to create!!! Love your new do! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...what an inspiration for me as I start my week of decluttering and organization. I'll never have THAT...that it's good to see that it IS possible! What a home she has! PS...I love your work

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful craft area!
    and so nice to make a new stamping friend!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab room...LOVE the colors and the pop of red is so FUN! So neat to meet stamping friends... Oh to have such a neat tidy space :) Thanks for sharing Mel...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fantastic room. Great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still my heart! Mercy Me what an awesome craft space...I don't think I'd ever leave it. How fun that you have someone joining you to establish the card ministry. Oh - and your hair is fan-tab-ulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hair! I want to come and hang out too! I don't have anyone around to play with :( What an amazing room, bet you had to pick up your chin from the floor when you first saw from amazement!!!it it is toooo much fun!
    Patricia
    the PaperTemptress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new look. The craft room is amazing. Colourful, cheery just like a craft room should look

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your hair. Wow! And wow to that stamp room! Wow to her buying ALL your well-loved stamps and WOW to stamping with Christians and fellowshipping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melanie!! I am flattered!!! I had NO idea...I showed Maggie her picture with you, and she said I make a better card maker than photographer! I didn't even do your hair justice! You DO look adorable, and I am so thankful God brought us together! Invite all your friends over...nothing I would like better! -Marita

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful room! Am very interested in what you have in mind for your card ministry. Have wanted to do some sort of card ministry in my church and could use some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful craft room Marita has!! It's beautiful!! And, your new do looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)