Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello!

Hope you've had a great week so far! Here is the finished Wild Flowers card I mentioned on Monday, please see this post for step by step photos of the fastest way to re-create it. After the last photo, I inked up the stem a few more times and stamped off to create blades of grass and add a little more depth. just a few dots of black gel pen to the center or each ad a nice contrast and tie in the black amt and sentiment. A line of piercing along the bottom (using Scor-Bug and Scor-Pal) is an understated detail that works well with the flowers centers. Cardstock is Pure Luxury Wild Dandelion, Black Onyx and White.

Tip: When using the same flower image repeatedly on a design, turn it at a different angle each time you stamp to keep them from looking like the same blossom and add more interest.

Love having "hello" greetings, these make perfect "any occasion" cards to have in your stash and then add birthday, encoruagement or thank you messages to the inside in a pinch!

Have a fantastic weekend, looks like we are in for some terrific weather! Thanks so much to all of you have left such kind reviews on the A Year of Flowers Amazon page! Makes me so happy to know how much you're enjoying it! :)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! So vibrant! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great ways to use these flowers and I like the addition of the grass too. Great idea there and one I will implement as well. I love this card and you have me enthused once again to get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABuloussss!! You know I love the bright ones! Love how you did the card on the side as well... I always want to try that but afraid it won't look right. Love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this one Mel! The colors are perfect and nice paper piercing...just perfect! Your little hello in the set it my favorite sentiment...fab font and size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love the color so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright, happy Spring card!! It makes me smile... Love it!! Hope you are keeping well, Melanie. Have a great weekend! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice cards... so bright..nice color choices. think for the first time I am going to send out Spring Cards... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)