Friday, August 3, 2012

Super Girly Day!

Here is a girly card I made for our pre-teen neighbor and family friend with Basket Additions 3 and Spring Basket. When I drew this image I thought about some iconic things of my childhood and now that represent the stuff that little girls are made of. I had fun paper piecing the Barbie dress and locked diary with papers from the GKD Hello Sunshine pack. Now I can have all those Barbie clothes I *might* have coveted, and then some! :)

What year were YOU born? Was some of this stuff in your basket? How about your daughter, what's in hers? Would love to know! Tip: If your sweetheart is really into stuffed animals you can snip out a teddy or puppy from Basket Additions 2 or Basket Blessings to add in with all these other things. Or, if she is a bit of tomboy, mix up some of the stuff from the "boy" image in the set. That would have been me!

Or, tell me about what a girly day is to you? For me, that would be shopping with a friend, cupcakes and pedicures! Ahhh! (Cammie, come back!!)

Thanks for visiting!


Tina said...

Oh you did perfect!! My daughter has sooo many things in each and every basket in her room!! Try as I might to get her books in one places, shoes (skates) in another and toys in one, yep... this IS a typical basket in her room! Great job! P.S. She's a tomboy as well and her basket would NOT have been pink. LOL Good job!

Joni said...

very cute.

Sharon Roselli said...

yes I want a girly day! to me it could just be lunch with my friend. but pedi's would be great! shopping is always fun. especially if its a day trip to a craft store!

Anonymous said...

Great card. I'd join Sharon on a craft store trip.

Sharon Harnist said...

Love these bright, happy girl colors, Mel -- adorable card!