Friday, March 7, 2014

Whitewash Technique

Good morning! Today I am sharing how to get a beautiful whitewashed look with just a subtle hint of color in this technique video "Whitewash".  Isn't that divine on this wild prairie rose?  This technique is so gorgeous on all my stately flowers!  No markers today, just a white and some colored pads.  I *know* you have colored pads, but you can use your colored pencils for adding color, too.
 

Please enjoy!

Supplies used: Stately Flowers 7
Gina K. White, Black Onyx, Bubblegum Pink, Grass Green, and Versamark Watermark ink pads
Gina Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Kraft cardstock
White embossing powder and heat gun
Adhesive pearls, small corner rounder punch, scissors and foam square for cut butterfly

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Melanie! Thanks for the many tips too.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, delicate looking technique....love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, what a lovely basic yet sharp crisp pastel on kraft card suitable for most occasions. Thank you for all the video detals. I will watch this again as a funeral card is needed.
    Keep Looking UP! mt23stamper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, this is gorgeous, and I will be trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your videos and I have all your stamp sets. Your designs are just plain AWESOME. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful CAS design. I love your videos and I am so glad Gina is featuring them on Stamp TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your design feels clean, fresh, light - you really have something special with your techniques and color choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful technique. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I have not seen this technique done before. That is so pretty. Thanks as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just watched your wonderful video and can't believe how fun this technique looks. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card. You are a very talented person. I would love the paper dimensions. I think even I can do a card like this. Again, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone! Sally, here are dimensions:
    Kraft base: 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", scored at 5 1/2"
    Black Onyx mat: 4" X 5 1/4"
    Kraft mat: 3 3/4" x 5"

    ReplyDelete
  13. kizi 2 |
    Oh Yes! I'm glad I found your article today. I recommend it to everyone .. Thank you for your work!


    Free Online Games

    friv yepi
    juegos friv

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, I will be making a card tonight, thanks for the inspiration Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love this idea....This is beautiful..Thank you so much...Have a great day....

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)