Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Video: Black Embossed Magic with Fabulous Flowers



Hello! Here's the technique and card so many of you have been asking for since  Fabulous Flowers hit the release party a couple weeks ago! Today I  share a twist on the Black Magic Technique that uses your embossing powder and markers instead of pigment ink and pencils!  This technique produces vibrant OR soft color depending on the shades you choose, and creates a very similar look to "Black Magic", but goes super fast with no worry of going outside the lines or making a stray mark, as your alcohol marker ink  just disappears into the black background. Magic, indeed!  Please enjoy!

Note: I am using White pigment ink in the video to show how to build the scene so you can see the images better as I go along, but I recommend Versamark for this technique and your embossing when you recreate the card to create a whiter, more opaque surface for laying down your colors.  The images are subtle like a watermark with Versamark, but *will* be visible to *you* as you stamp out your scene!  Gina K White pigment is a fabulous pad, but it dries a lot during the course of creating the scene, which you want it to do, otherwise it would be smudging like crazy without heat setting, which you don't want!  I hope this makes sense to everyone, they are both great pads and have their specific purposes! :)


Vintage Rose (incentive set) is available FREE for a limited time with a purchase of $75 or more.  After that time, it will go into our regular catalog for purchase.

Supplies:
Gina K. Fabulous Flowers (and Vintage Rose or Scripty Love for sentiment) stamp set
Gina K. Pure Luxury Black Onyx (4” x 5 ¼”) and Lipstick (4 ¼” x 11", scored at 5 ½") cardstock
Tsukineko Versamark (or Gina K White pigment) ink pad
Spectrum Noir markers: BP4, DG2, DG3, GB3, OR3, BP1, PP2 
Heat gun, White embossing powder, adhesive, acrylic block

6 comments:

  1. Love this technique, your card is beautiful! You make it look so easy, I can't wait to give it a go, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watched this on You Tube yesterday and wanted you to know how much I loved the card. Cannot wait to try the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,
    On one of your videos you mentioned a sheet that identifies which center goes with which flower on a "resource" page. Could you point me to the page, please. Thanks!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this technique! Very pretty card! Thanks for sending a card to my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great video showing this technique! It really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not yet mastered the Black Magic technique, but as soon as I get the chance, I will give this another whirl!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)