Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Funky Wreath

This festive wreath is made from Gina K's "Funky Christmas", very simple to make, look!


Place something round in the middle of your paper as a guide, here I'm using a Nestabilitie. Stamp one of the large flakes all the way around (Always Artichoke) in a single row


Remove your circle and go back in stamping a snowflake between each pair on the outside row to make a smaller ring inside. If you have some bare spots, just fill in stamping more if necessary until your wreath is nice and fluffy.



I tied a little bow with my 1/4" grosgrain, leaving the tails long and twisted and adhered the ends in the places I wantted with glue dots. Then I added Christmas Red Stickles in little clusters of three, with both big and small dots in each group, all over the wreath. That beautiful shimmery red paper you see below is Incandescent Rosso again, from Paper Temptress.

Last I stamped "joy" in the center from "Seasonal Sayings" and traced that with Stickles as well. I nothced out the corners of my Gina K 80lb white paper with the corner ticket punch and added some SU! artichoke brads before attaching it to the Incandescent Russo paper and then the Artichoke base. TIP: I love putting round images or focal points onto square card bases, the proprtions are so beautiful.

You could adapt this design to an ornament by stamping it onto a painted wood circle, wouldn't that be sweet? Have a beautiful day!

13 comments:

  1. love your funky wreath (neat tip about the circle as a guide - ha, I just eyeballed mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love this and how easy it was to make. It's the perfect Christmas card!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!! So simple, but so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and just so simple. Thanks alot. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. TFS on how you made your wreath! Beautiful card! I agree the paper from Paper Temptress is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the red stickles really pop! So bright and cheery, yet really simple card to make. Love that kind. Thanks for the tip about using the nesties, my eyeballing is off kilter at times.
    Have a Blessed Christmas!
    Gail S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the ribbon on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your funky wreath Mel! I think I'll use your tip on using something round next time around (well...next year) since I always eyeball my wreaths and they're never really that "circle"...lol. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I do love the wreath!! And I so love curlies on ribbons too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is this? Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cool and thanks for showing how you did this!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)