Friday, December 26, 2008

Guest Designer: Allison Cope

My Guest Design Spot is starting a little late this month, I had to ship the stamps to CANADA to this month's amazing designer, Allison Cope! I first became familiar with her work when she submitted some outstanding samples for my "Jumping for Joy" contest several months back, they were so well made and just SO darned clever! She really has a knack for putting different sets together, too (as you will see in today's card) so I really wanted to wait for "just the right set" to feature her, because she is also an outstanding scrapbooker (with another blog "So Sketchy", which she continually updates with gorgeous sketches she's created.) I knew "Hand-in-Hand" with its images and quotes would be magic in her hands for both cards AND pages. Today I am sharing the first sample she sent, a Christmas card (although this idea she had would be fabulous adapted to a Christmas page...) :)
THUD!! Are you as impressed and inspired as I am?!

Here is Ally's description of "There is a Santa":

"I love the child and adult hand image and knew that it would perfect for a Santa and child setting. So I dug out my wonderful BasicGrey papers and went to work. I first stamped my hand images on to a die cut oval. I used some soft water color pencil crayons and gave the hands some soft skin. I drew the cuff on the Santa suit and extended the child's hand using my thin sharpie acid-free pen. I masked off the hands using some Post-it-Notes and stamped on a number of pine bough images from the "Winter Foliage" set to set the mood of the back ground. I then used some Liquid Applique and gave the cuff a soft, fuzzy texture. I added a tiny string of ahesive pearls to the child's wrist."

Supplies:
Stamps: Gina K. Designs (Hand-in-Hand, Winter Foliage), October Afternoon
Inks: Ranger, Copics, Staz-On, Chalk inks
Tools: Spellbinder's Nestabilities
Papers: BasicGrey Wassill
Brads: Heidi Swapp
Cardstock: Bazzill

You won't want to miss a single one of Ally's projects with this set, she has completed 5 already and they are all the BOMB! Creating possibilities you won't believe with this set, I am so excited for you to see! Please check out her blogs and try her sketches, you'll be glad you did! (and maybe try out for one of her new Sketchy design spots??)

Hope you had a GREAT holiday, and have a terrific weekend, more projects and cards to share here shortly! :)

12 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD this is gorgeous! It's a FOR SURE thing this set is next on my list! Her work is great...I'll make sure to hop on over to her blog for more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is beautiful. Everything goes so well together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. You did a beautiful job with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this new set and this card is wonderful. I love the extra touch you gave it with the pearls. Thanks for sharing. I have to get that set when I can. Linda Crowder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Even though I do not comment very often I really do enjoy looking at all of your cards.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh the card is beautiful! And Ally is fabulous! I think you're right about her! She's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What a gorgeous card and so delicate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning...excellent choice for guest designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card from Allison Melanie - wonderful choice for you GD this month!

    Hope you and yours had an amazing Christmas! Big hugs, Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is beautiful! I love the papers, colors, and stitching, but most of all, WHAT A GREAT IDEA! It really touched my heart when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just one word here Melanie.....
    FABULOUS!!! ;0)
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)