Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hand in Hand Friends

FIRST: have you subscribed yet??? sign up NOW! :) Thanks!----->

With these bright red nails, these hands could work for two friends or for husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend. I wanted it to be fun and cheerful to be able to send it to a BFF near or far away that I want to be there for or brighten her day but just can't get close enough to reach her!

For the nails, I added a dab of red Copic to the end of each finger and traced around it with a fine line black ink pen. TIP: Try adding glitter or go over with Copic Spica or Stickles for sparkle or a drop of Sakura Glaze to each nail to look like real polish! (I could have picked a "trendier" color like blue or violet, but you know how I love my red!) Hands are colored with E00 and E21, both from Box A. This fun paper is from the Basic Grey Cupcake pack.


Polka dotted ribbon is from the Gina K Pure Luxury Holiday collection. Image and sentiment are stamped on Gina K 80 lb white and die cut using the Classic Oval and Petite Oval ( these petite longer ovals I just got are great for sentiments!) Card base is Real Red.

Does anyone want a "hand coloring" step by step tutorial? It's really easy and you may be able to tell just by looking at my past samples what I'm doing, but I will, just LMK! If you click for a closeup you will see that for a highlight I just left the top sides of the hands white, rather than blending to remove or lighten. :)

Less than 2 days to the blogaversary celebration!! Are you excited to see what all the prizes are?!! What sets are you most excited to see used here? Back later, thanks for stopping in!!

20 comments:

  1. Love this bright and cheery card. I can't wait to see what set you are going to celebrate with....could it be this one or maybe the t-shirt...or maybe both. (teehee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love a tutorial on how to color the hands. I won't be able to do it like you ;) but you can still show me.
    I love the painted nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know how you color your hands! This card is awesome. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such a wonderful job of coloring. I would love s tutorial to learn some of your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I just received Copics for Christmas any tutorial would be much appreciated. I am really glad that you added fingernails to your image. . Can't wait to hear more about your monthly contest..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love to see your work and I love your stamps! Hope to get more of them soon. Can't wait to celebrate w/ you. Any coloring tutorial is always helpful, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is very pretty. I love that you painted the nails. You always have such great ideas. I am gettingging very close to purchasing this set. You are such an enabler.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Christmas I got your Year of Flowers and haven't gotten it inky yet! So I'm excited to see those used. Love your card and those red fingernails. I also received your Hand in Hand set for Christmas and that one hasn't been cut yet! I just haven't had time to get to my stamps, the poor neglected thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love a tutorial on coloring hands!! I'm still learning how to use my copics and need all the help I can get!! Thanks!! Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melanie!
    I love this card and the bright colors! The red nails are perfect!
    I would also love a tutorial on coloring the hands. Thank you for sharing the copic colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new stamps, Melanie and your coloring on the hands is sooo AWESOME!!! i would love a tutorial on how to color the hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the layout of this design Melanie. Using DSP as a main layer - then the geometric shapes "tied together" with the ribbon in an unusual way. Very nice!

    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Melanie - Love the card! How interesting to take a closer look at your colored hands and find that you leave a great deal of them white for shading purposes. I never would have known w/o you suggesting a closer look! By all means, I would love to see your tutorial on coloring with Copics (just bought my first set very recently!). Between your stamp sets and your cardmaking, you really are a gifted artist, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful!!! I love the fingernails...I used your rose again today...I just LOVE that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the best cheer up card I've seen! Makes me smile. Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this fun and colorful card!! So cute, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this card, so bright and cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LMK alert. Hands tutorial would be wonderful. Thanks for thinking of us more cookbook painters out there that really can use the step by step. Must have been all those paint by number kits I loved as a kid that locked me into helpless mode! Either that or my right and left brain refuse to communicate nicely - lol!

    Such a lovely stamp set to work with and the versatility is amazing! Have you ever thought of talking to Unicef or Boys and Girls club about a joint promotion of some kind?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melanie

    First time I saw the stamp set "Hand in Hand" I knew I had to have it. After seeing your card, I bought! I loved your idea of adding fingernails to the woman's hand and cased it for my card.

    Please check out my card if you like: http://www.inspirationsbyrachel.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)