Friday, December 5, 2008

Hippy Holidays!

While my mom was here for Thanksgiving, she suggested I dress up the "hippys" with some festive winter stuff for the holidays, and she was right, it's been too long since I played with the giraffe!! (Amazing to think it's been almost a year since this first set of mine was released! And I'm pleased to report it's still one of my biggest sellers, thank you!) :) With a little masking I was able to place Rupa's ornament in its mouth, and popped up the front ornament on a dimensional. Image is colored with Copics, sentiment if from "Hip Hop Accessories", ribbon is from the Gina K Pure Luxury Holiday assortment.


I just can't get enough of using WHITE now for a card base now that I have the Gina K 120 lb Pure Luxury CS, if you haven't tried it, you must, you won't be sorry!


hmmm, now what should I have the hippo do....? oh, I know, back later! ;)
Tomorrow, it's my week to host the Papercraft Planet sketch challenge, please come check it out, I've created something really special with "punch" in my sample you won't want to miss!

20 comments:

  1. Awww.... super candy cane cuteness Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Mel, how'd you do the scallopped circle rectangle with the nesties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did with the hippy giraffe! Did you see what I did with your zebra on PCP today? I love your hippy and hoppy animals, and I have plans for them with the rest of the 12 days of Christmas on PCP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how super cute! love the ornaments on the giraffe, fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is just adorable!~~Love him anyway and he looks so festive in red and green! Gotta go get him off the shelf right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is quite clever! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom was so right! It's absolutely the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the hippo! I'll see you at the stetch challenge tomorrow....can't wait to see what you've developed for us! Just hope I can do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute ....I deff have to try this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute giraffe! I used a turkey for one of my Christmas cards. Now how to use other animals. Looking forward to seeing how you use a hippo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW SWEET!! I can't believe I haven't used my hippys & hoppys for Christmas yet either - your mom is one smart cookie *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see your hippy giraffe dressed up for Christmas having fun with the ornaments, she looks so sweet! Hmmm, I wonder what Olivia is wearing this Christmas?

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see your cute giraffe back!♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to get Hippy out...this is beyond cute, Mel! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melanie! This is an adorable card. The colors and scene are so cute!!

    Take care and STAY POSTIIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cutest lil festive giraffe ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I truly love how you took pictures from a calendar and framed them. I have had some really beautiful pictures and hated to throw them away. Thanks for sharing.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)