Monday, December 1, 2008

(MFEO) "Made for Each Other"...

So I got this great new stamp set from BCDzyns "And Then I Said", for many reasons, because:
I love the girl and all the sayings,
I love Kim (whom Gina also loves, which automatically made us friends by proxy, and I've had the pleasure of hanging with her twice!), AND
I knew when I saw this set, that it + several of mine* (and a little "out of the box" vision) would = MAGIC!

First, I gave her a haircut and a new freakin' sweet TEE! (using my "Tee Talk" set; layout is this week's SCS Sketch challenge)
Oh, but do you even recognize this girl with her flirty new 'do?! (I had my hair long for years, but not anymore! A lot of the ladies I send cards to wear their hair shorter also, so I'm SO excited about making different looks with this one stamp...) Check out how very easy it is to crop that luxurious mane!
Don't you love it?! Now look at these below, don't they all look like completely different girls? And all the single words from all THREE of my shirt sets fit, woo hoo! (yeah, it totally looks like we planned it, even though we didn't, hee hee!! Just about one of the most perfect combos ever from two different stamp companies on one project, dontcha think!) Is that fun or what??

I had an absolute blast coloring about 15 of these ladies with my Copics(all from Box A)** the other night to look like people I know (and a few I don't, hee!), and with customized t-shirts to go with LOL!! I'll be back to show you just how to create each of these styles (plus several more, you really won't believe!), along with cards to match, but I'm not even close to being done with showing you what else you can do with these sets together (and with another one of mine from Gina K Designs!! Can you guess which?) Hopefully I've already got you thinking you need them ALL...
If you're a first-time customer of My Favorite Things or BCDzyns, when you order ('cuz I know you want to!) please let Kim know "Melanie" sent you! ;) (and if you're an MFT regular, but don't have any of my "Tee" sets yet, well...what are you waiting for??) :)
More to come!!!
** My coloring's really improving, no?? It's practice, AND that great paper!! :)
Card also uses Brushed Silver CS, self adhesive rhinestones, Floral Fantasy CB folder

38 comments:

  1. very freakin cool. you did magic with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel...........like WOW!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo running out of adjectives for when I visit your blog!!! LOL You constantly amaze me with your creativity and fabulous creations!!!! How absolutely FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! I have really been trying to be good and have passed on both both of those lines and have been so good...but you sure are making it hard! Totally loving the short hair and all the cute, cute looks you have come up with! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I love you can combine multiple stamp sets and make it work so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! You are just to creative! What a great way to do the hair. Thanks for sharing your creative tips and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new Do !!! Really Cool card:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I love all the different hair cuts!! so super :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative and fabulous idea to cut her hair! But I still don't understand HOW you did it. Could you explain please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie, you are brilliant! I love that I can use the sets together!! And, since I'm a short-hair girl, I totally appreciate the new 'do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I am just blown away! I love, love, love what you have done with that image. You so ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I love how you always look at ways to use things together. Your coloring rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sassy and cute!! What a great idea, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a frickin genius!!! Love this, and I LOVE her sassy new hair cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who knew!!! You are a hairstylist too! LOVE this take on these gals! Super job, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holey Moley!!! That is so stinkin' cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE it! ok, I love anything out-side-the-box that makes me gasp and think how stinking creative. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melanie, This is too much! You are way up high on the "best-card- designer list" I absolutely love your ideas. Thanks for sharing (I feel like you are my personal art teacher!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. don't comment often enough, but my gosh! i'm always so amazed at what you come up with, awesome stuff, just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are amazin'! I love what you did with all the shorter hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melanie this is amazing!! I love the haircuts - so cool!! What a fun use of the two sets!! Wonderful stuff !:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. well, well, well - who'd a thought? like Barb said - you are now a hairdresser! I absolutely adore your idea to give this girl some versatility! I just got my set & will for sure be casing your idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE THE HAIRCUT (yes, I'm yelling.) Girl you're so stinkin' clever!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely AMAZING Melanie!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super super cute and informative! Very cute! I too, thought of your set as I was working with this set. I even mentioned you in my post a couple weeks ago. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. FANTASTIC...love the combining of the two sets and love how you trimmed her hair and love everything. You are a creative genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG Mel you have really outdid yourself this time. Absolutely amazing and very creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are a super clever gal, Mel! Love it and now I need the MFT girl which I've been debating on, lol! Can't wait to see what else you come up with & TFS!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  28. How great is this - it really shows how you can get so much milage out of one stamp. Love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are just WAY TOO CLEVER!! I *adore* those short haired looks, especially since I just chopped my long hair recently!! Thanks so much for sharing your creative genious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love - Love - Love the haircut!!! Never in a million years would I have the vision!! Thanks for all the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh!! Like WOW is right! What a totally awesome idea. I've got the BC set on my wish list at MFT but not the shirts, so looks like I know what I'm getting for my anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Waaaaaaay too clever, Mel!!!!! You are a genius, girl! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow!!! Sooo clever and stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my gosh...big time WOWZA Miss Mel!!! This is so super amazing, creative, wonderful. You never cease to wow my socks off!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great job Mel Mel! I'm def. gonna CASE these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. so the long hair looks like Bella and the short cropped hair looks like Alice.....from "Twilight" of course...

    playing with my Little Tee set tonight!!!!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG!!!! I'm flipping speechless!!! This is better than sliced bread, I tell ya!!! Now I HAVE to get this MFT stamp!!! Holy cow, I'm going to go buy it right now!!!YOU are AMAZING!!!...but, you already knew that, right?!?! xoxoxo luv u!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)