Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Milk and Cookies

We go together..." like milk and cookies". Truly, is there any more perfect pairing?? Something that just conveys the innocence of childhood, the comforting memories of returning home after school to a fresh-baked snack and talking about your day...ahhhh!


I made sure you could get your chocolate* fix with the "Have a Cookie" set, too, so have fun stamping out those chips to make the candied backgrounds of your dreams! I went over the chips in the cookies and the background with my Sakura Glaze Pen, it provides a nice dimension and sheen to the chips without looking too glossy. Everything is stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa, the glass of milk is finished in a snap with just a few gray shadows. E13 Light Suntan Copic is a "lovely baked-to-perfection cookie" color. :)



Going through my considerable embellishment stash, I found I was seriously lacking in "the brown department" (!) so I made some "chocolate bling" for my tag by coloring my self adhesive rhinestones with E47 Dark Brown Copic (it appears much lighter on the clear stone so pick a really dark brown if you don't have that same color) I decided not to add any other colors to my "milk and chocolate chip" base. The white square on the scalloped chocolate mat reminds me of some cute little cream-filled cookie itself, hee hee! 5/8 Chocolate grosgrain finishes the card.


Warning: this set kinda makes you hungry, it's so yummy! (But go ahead, indulge! calorie free!) ;)


Thank you again everyone for the warm welcome everyone's giving the cookies! Please let me know here what your favorite image(s) is from the set, I'd love to know! :)


*or butterscotch, or peanut butter, or... !

12 comments:

  1. That looks positively yummy! Those cookies look so real. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card. I love the sentiment. I had no idea you could color adhesive rhinestones. You are always teaching me new things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!!!!! Love the color combo too!

    Favorite image? Just one? Hummmm.....I'd have to go with the cookie jar. It's just adorable with it's little tipped lid. But they are all fabulously yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute! I have this set on my wish list. My kids can't wait until I get it! They are super excited about the "blank" cookies that they can decorate with the sprinkles. I love the oreo, the chocolate chip cookie, and the cute cookie sheet. Thanks for your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy-looking card!! Chocolate Chip cookies are one of my favorites!! Yummm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a swseet card! Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh definitely fills my "sweet tooth" for eye candy!!! LOL Favorite image??? Nope...........I love every single stamp you design and you can't make me choose!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!! WHERE are MY cookies??? (Running upstairs needing one badly!) Dang... I can see them now... that next to an Oreo cookie card!! Yikes... I'm gaining weight as I look! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know I love it (since I saw it IRL before you posted it-HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious! What a stunning card. Those cookies look super edible! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)