Monday, December 8, 2008

Sneak Peek: Framed Friends

Here is a 4 1/4 " square card I made with Asela's new set "Framed Friends". It's really cute for making kind of "pocket-sized" Valentines (you'll see!) . Knowing me, I had to start by inking up her "snail mail" image! (if you've gotten mail from me before, then you know it is snaaaaaaaaaaaaaail maaaaaaaaail!!!)

I used my postage decorative edge scissors which I think is so cute with this stamp (and looking at my sample now, I see I was holding my scissors" upside down"!! the bumps are facing out instead of in!! sigh, oh well! you wouldn't have noticed, right??) The hearts are stamped on Real Red CS, outlined with a Lipstick Red Copic, highlighted with the Inkssentials white pen, and popped up on dimensionals at the corners. It was fun choosing greetings from the set to frame up my "Framed Friend" even more! Snail image is colored with Copics.

More Design Team Samples:

Asela Hopkins
Carolyn King
Cindy Lawrence
Donna Baker
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Joanne Basile
Kurtis Amundson
Theresa Momber ,

of course Gina K , AND our "In the Spotlight Designer", Carolina Buchting!

Tomorrow, TWO sets to peek, can't wait!!!

CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink; Gina K Pure Luxury 80lb Brilliant White CS

27 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love how you made this so adorable in a stamp. And no, I wouldn't have noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Melanie! Love it on the small square card. Great way to frame using the sentiments. I wouldn't have noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too stinkin' cute!!! Love the red, pink, and black combo...so fun and it cries out love. BTW - I thought you meant to cut it that way, so really no worries, I think it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I LOVE how you added all the special little details...even the hearts have their little white accents. You are such an inspiring artist, I look forward to your new postings. They always make me smile, and then drool (my cubicle buddies think I'm a tad "off"). P.S. I nominated you for a new blog award, check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOooo what an awesome card Mel!! LOVE the red! and all the details you have on this! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. couldn't be any cuter...love those heart accents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, Cute, Cute!! Love this little snail and your card! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOT Dog!!! this is so die for adorable. Your choice of colors is perfect and that coloring is the best ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never have noticed. :) This is so adorable. I love the love note size card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this. My hubby works for the snail mail company and I just love anything with this theme!
    Can't wait to see the whole set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww....Melanie, this is sooo sweet! Love the way you framed the image! The hearts in the corners are tooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! And I honestly didn't notice the scissors until you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super supcer cute! Love the color combo, love the faux postage, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Love the sentiments around the sides with the hearts in the corners!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  15. So Cute!! I figured that you where going for scallops instead of the postage look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwwwwww........how cute is that and I can see so many adorable "snail mail" ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This snail is really cute, and no I wouldn't have noticed either!! :D LOL (you should have kept it a secret) typing in my quietest clicks ;) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute to put the sentiments aroudn the focal image! love the corner hearts

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)