Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sneak Peek: Home Tweet Home & Tropical Flowers

Here is my favorite image in Rupa's new "Home Tweet Home" set, when I saw it I knew it would be fabulous with my favorite Cuttlebug Folder!

I've shown here before how I made a rose bush by trimming out my embossed Leafy Branch, today I used Basic Gray CS to make a tree branch instead! Our challenge today at Papercraft Planet for 12 days of Christmas (with me hosting this 12th day!) is to use 12 embellishments on a card! There are so many embellishments to choose from in Gina's store, this was actually a lot easier than it sounded! I attached 6 sateen flowers with glue dots that I'd colored with Copics, swiping outPale Pink and Peach from the middle of each petal, and then stuck a self adhesive rhinestone in the center of each I'd colored with my Yellow Green Copic. 6 flowers +6 rhinestones = 12! Sponging Regal Rose ink around the mat makes the little bird(also colored with Copics) just glow! They are so tiny, but I filled in the centers of the flowers in the image with my Green Copic atyou Spica to add sparkle and match the larger sateen flowers. Base and Mat are Basic Black and Blush Blossom.


Perhaps not so coincidentally, Gina K is also the sponsor for today's challenge and is giving away a Gina K designs stamp set to one lucky person who enters a project with 12 embellishments at Papercraft Planet today, winner will be randomly drawn! Be sure to have your card uploaded to Papercraft Planet by midnight CST tonight 12/10 to be eligible and use the tag 12day12 when you upload, good luck!

Now if you want a sneak peek I made with Gina K's "Tropical Flowers", see here, I'm A Guest "Sketchy Sistah" this month! (Isn't that a cool sketch??? Ally did it, I just made the card LOL!)

More peeks from today with these two sets from:

Asela Hopkins, Carolyn King, Cindy Lawrence, Donna Baker, Emily Giovanni ,Erika Martin, Jessica Fick, Joanne Basile, Kurtis Amundson, Theresa Momber ,
of course Gina K , AND our "In the Spotlight Designer", Carolina Buchting!

TOMORROW the previews continue! : MY set, EEEK!! (You'll never guess!!!) :)

31 comments:

  1. Wow, Melanie, this card is stunning! What a great layout with that cuttlebug branch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - love that color combo! And fab job with the cuttlebug branch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, one word - THUD! Okay, not sure if it's really a word, but wow...what a gorgeous card. Love these colors together and what a perfect way to show off this little cute bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This card is truly stuunning. What gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is just stunning! And so creative! I love the branch idea and how you added the flowers/crystals. The colors and coloring is beautiful too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Mel! This is absolutely gorgeous! The coloring on the bird, and your branches with the flowers, wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gray totally makes this card! How beautiful! I never would have thought to add color like that to the flowers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie, what a pretty card... love that tree branch - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. The colors are beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Mel! Love the way you shaded the little flowers, and your coloring is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weird, I had a comment all typed up and it disappeared. Oh well, here we go again:

    I just love your card! Love the bling and the flowers and above all, I love the bird. You always do such a great job coloring and the soft touches you added are very nice.

    By the way, do we need to tell you that we uploaded a card for your 12day12 challenge? (I did, by the way! yay!) Hope I did it right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your cards are stunning....as usual! I really love what you can do what that Cuttlebug folder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic coloring on the little flowers! They look real.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card Melanie, the colors and flowers give it a darling asian flair! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, this is simply stunning, Mel! I just love the pink huesa and how you used all those wonderul sateen flowers! Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Yep, I'm about to pop waiting to find out what your newest set involves!!! Please, make the suffering end soon......

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this (but you KNEW that!) What a stunner--the colors to the flowers to the beautifully colored bird! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who would have thought to use the gray c/s? I have some and have never used--gotta go get my cuttlebug off the shelf--Thanks for getting me to use my stash.
    Adore those images....

    ReplyDelete
  19. you never cease to amaze me with your unique ways of using stamping products (never would have thought to use the cb leafy branch this way & to put the flowers as blossoms - so pretty!) also love the offset focal image (bird) and your sponging. It's my FAVORITE with this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the flowers!! And the branch is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow Melanie this card is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely GORGEOUS Melanie!! WOW, I love birds--will have to look into that set! Your color scheme is just beautiful too. :) Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh is that the "tweetest" lil fella ever!!!!! LOL Yep, it's late and I'm full of bad puns!!!! And I'm chomping at the bit to seeeeeeee your sneak peek!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is gorgeous. Vey creative layout and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!!! This is absolutely stunning! Everything is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ouuu! Lovin this colour combo & those new stamps look great together. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful, love the colors, pretty bird and just love the way you did the branch, very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)