Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sweetheart Hands

Here's a "Hand-in-Hand" card for Valentine's day or whenever you want to send a little love your "sweetheart's"* way! (Maybe on "Sweetest Day"? I've been thinking about "little known holidays" all day after checking out this month's awesome Dirty Dozen gallery!! Some of my dirty peeps made some REALLY cool stuff for it with my stamps (here and here!)too this month, and that just made my day!!:)
The hands are colored outlined with Copics and the little heart from "Just So Hippy" is stamped on both hands in Real Red.
"Sweethearts" is stamped onto SU! Silver Brushed CS and cut out with one of the Tag Trio Nestabilities Dies. I used these adhesive metal dots I found at Hobby Lobby and stuck them on at the wrist and around the sides of the mat to line up with the little tag holes like an ID bracelet. Something cool about these little dots, they are adhered to the sheet in strips, so I was able to pull off a whole row and attach them rather than pulling them off one by one, AND they look like they're in a strand, just like a bracelet! (The self adhesive rhinestones are like this, too) I put dimensionals under the tag and placed it askew to look like it's just draped there.

That red layer is more of that Incandescent Russo paper from Paper Temptress you saw on the butterflies the other day. It looks very pretty with the red ink, but just has that "extra oomph" with sparkle, very romantic!! I also used Basic Black and Gina K Pure Luxury White 80 and 120 lb for my mats and base. (BTW, what do you think, "white" background or black" for the pic? hmmm, can't decide...)
Thanks for looking!

*DH and I call each other "sweetheart". I'm SO glad to finally have this in a stamp!!! :) (but we do NOT have matching tattoos, LOL!!)

12 comments:

  1. Such a fun card...the tattoos are just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel! Thanks so much for that nice comment you left me:) I'm an avid stalker here and just love your latest set! It's on my wish list:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh the tats and chains are soooo incredibly COOOL man!!!! LOL And I love the black bg for this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tats! The chain and the tag are perfect. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH what an awesome card Mel! Way cool!! Love the idea with the 'beads'! And I would have bet that you and DH had tattoos..on ya butts, lmao! j/k!

    And I like this white card on the black bg...but then dark cards look good on light bg to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the tatoos and the chain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuteness Mel!!! I love the tatoos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pure cuteness, Melanie!! I love the tatts, and cute bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Just perfect for Sweethearts!
    I like the black bg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a cool wild card, Melanie, LOL! ;-)
    I like the black background best I think, it makes this card pop more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. very very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally cute girl!! I love it!!! Thanks for linking my card...I am SUPER happy with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)